Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.254.122
SgeSgeSptnk

tenda w311r+ router and airvpn setup

looking to install/setup airvpn on my tenda router w311r+. been looking online for instructions but no luck. any help would be great. sorry for the newbie question.

You have to find a way to install *WRT firmware on it, which has an OpenVPN client. But that is beyond the scope here,

and a better place to reach out for help doing it would be DD/Open/xxWRT forums.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hello !

Welcome to AirVPN!

First of all, don't be afraid of asking questions. Please do so here or feel free to PM me directly.

As zhang said, you'll need to see if you can install software on your router called WRT, such as OpenWRT & DD-WRT.

I checked out the DD-WRT router database but I didn't find your model. So it's probably not supported.

However don't give up. You can check out a general guide on how to setup this stuff; if your router can do it.

I/We should warn you however, that you need a pretty strong router to be able to run a VPN on it, as it's very demanding. Most consumer routers aren't really that great at it.

So unless it's really critical that you use the VPN from your router, I recommend you simply install the VPN on each individual PC/Device. You have 3 devices per account that you can do this on.

I also found what appears to be a manual for your router, if that's worth anything.

Good luck !

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

thank you folks for the swift replies. i was also looking into "how to" install wrt on my wifes router and found the same answer LZ1. main reason to install a vpn is that my wifes isp in the philippines is constantly throttling down their speeds to make them switch from unlimited to limited (fast) connection. she currently has airvpn installed on her iphone but the throttling still persist, wanted to experiment and see if installing in the router would be of any difference. once again thank you for helping out a noob like me, i very much appreciate it.

Don't worry about it. As I said, just ask. Questions are questions, whether "nooby" or not. In fact, I made a guide just for new people, as you can check in my signature.

I think it's more important that you use the VPN right, by for instance:

• Making sure there's no IP or DNS leaks, such as via the WebRTC technology. Do this by visitng ipleak.net
  • Making sure your hardware is actually up to the task; especially if you mean to use a router, but also in terms of having devices which are fast enough and don't have other problems, like malware and so on.
  • Using SSL tunnelling in the Eddie client.

Maybe that ISP should be called up, mmm. Even if you use a VPN on your router, they can still see you're using encryption and your speeds might suffer as I said, if your router isn't up for it.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

goodness!!! i cannot thank you guys enough. i will surely try both your guys' advice. will get back to you for updates asap. thank you, thank you, thank you.

You're most welcome! :]

And I repeat, do not hesitate to ask questions around here; you're most welcome to do so.

Take care and good luck!

P.S. Yes! I finally beat zhang to the punch!

yeah just flash any opensource firmware to it and for me personally i don't like using

a router for the vpn stuff