Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.106.232

It will great if they add socks5 proxy service for those that dont want to you use vpn

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I can understand it if you word it that way.

But there are people like me that cannot use a full vpn. I am on a private forum where they don't allow it's members to connect to it through vpn, proxy or whatever. (I will give up fast internet b4 I give up that forum.) But I do want my torrent client protected, so I use socks5 proxy. I buy a year subscription every year from PIA and was coming over here to look at your options and was wondering why you didn't offer it until I seen this thread. Sounds like you have your reasons and that you have your market narrowed down pat. But thought I would give some feedback on why I didn't buy your services.

Thanks for the info.

I can understand it if you word it that way.

But there are people like me that cannot use a full vpn. I am on a private forum where they don't allow it's members to connect to it through vpn, proxy or whatever. (I will give up fast internet b4 I give up that forum.) But I do want my torrent client protected, so I use socks5 proxy. I buy a year subscription every year from PIA and was coming over here to look at your options and was wondering why you didn't offer it until I seen this thread. Sounds like you have your reasons and that you have your market narrowed down pat. But thought I would give some feedback on why I didn't buy your services.

Thanks for the info.

Hello,

perhaps your decision is biased by the assumption that a proxy-fied torrent client ensures that the torrent client does not communicate to trackers and DHT your real IP address, but that's not necessarily the case. Using a proxy to hide "your real" IP address when torrenting is simply wrong. This misconception is widespread and we don't know why (maybe marketing reasons? or just lack of knowledge?). A good report on the above has been compiled for example by the Tor Project:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea

The first reason alone shows why the assumption is wrong and why it might put you in troubles.

In your case, if you want to surrender to entities which do not allow access from IP addresses assigned to business/datacenter lines, the real solution is different, i.e. just tunneling the torrent traffic and nothing else.

Kind regards