Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.51.235

Good Morning,

I take time with AirVPN and I am very happy with the service. I only pose the change to competition because AirVPN not have a server in Russia. I usually use VPN in Russia to buy some video games.

It would be a server in Russia?

A greeting.

Russia has a long notorious history of censoring certain sites and I believe they also monitor their citizens ( USA does the same but still). AirVPN has zero tolerance for any kind of censorship and thus refuses to host servers in Russia. The closest you will get is Latvia and Lithuania

Russia has a long notorious history of censoring certain sites and I believe they also monitor their citizens ( USA does the same but still). AirVPN has zero tolerance for any kind of censorship and thus refuses to host servers in Russia. The closest you will get is Latvia and Lithuania

Well the censoring isn't as bad as it used to or I just haven't encountered any of it lately. But yes there's a law to log Russian citizens on Russian servers, it won't be a log on the server but the traffic can be monitored since the datacenter owns the network but since AirVPN encrypts it, wouldn't do much damage, plus we all know the USA does the same so

@ mehāniskākaravīrs935,

I have friends who visited Russia more then once and if we talk about there visits and discus what the mass-media is writing about Russia we come quicky to the
Russophobia/Putinophobia conclusion. Please reed this article: catherinebrown.org/deconstructing-russophobia/ and one of her remarks is:

"The internet is freer than it is in Britain – one reason why online intellectual piracy is rife – and many Russians get their news from the internet.".

And i  agree with EdensSpire: "the datacenter owns the network but since AirVPN encrypts it, wouldn't do much damage, plus we all know the USA does the same so."

And probably worse!

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Honestly, as an AirVPN customer i would much rather my data be in Russia than in the United States simply because they could give less of a shit about what Americans are doing and even less a shit about any demands the US Gov. might have against any server in their country. If they can make it happen I'm all for it but I'm not sure if AirVPN could pull it off simply because any censorship or logging goes against their vision for a free internet (understandably so).

Honestly, as an AirVPN customer i would much rather my data be in Russia than in the United States simply because they could give less of a shit about what Americans are doing and even less a shit about any demands the US Gov. might have against any server in their country. If they can make it happen I'm all for it but I'm not sure if AirVPN could pull it off simply because any censorship or logging goes against their vision for a free internet (understandably so).

Yes, for non-Russians my personal opinion is your data and browsing etc. is a lot safer run through one of our servers than an American one since we won't care it is only our own citizens we'd care about to make sure we don't break the rules. Like I said I haven't encountered any censorship in almost a year now I think, and servers aren't network restricted in any way as far as I know but it is up to AirVPN if they wanna give it a go or not.

Yes, for non-Russians my personal opinion is your data and browsing etc. is a lot safer run through one of our servers than an American one since we won't care it is only our own citizens we'd care about to make sure we don't break the rules. Like I said I haven't encountered any censorship in almost a year now I think, and servers aren't network restricted in any way as far as I know but it is up to AirVPN if they wanna give it a go or not.

Honestly, from what I can understand most of what is censored there is politcally focused, I think it was anti gay, western sympathizer shit etc. AirVPN could honestly add routing for those minuscule amount of blocks if people are bothered by it. It seems like they only censor a handful of sites that should be easy for them to remedy with routing. But to be honest if you are in Russia, and you need to use those sites the logical thing to do is use another server, but if that isn't preferable I'm sure AirVPN would be able to accommodate any routing requests it recieves

Honestly, from what I can understand most of what is censored there is politcally focused, I think it was anti gay, western sympathizer shit etc. AirVPN could honestly add routing for those minuscule amount of blocks if people are bothered by it. It seems like they only censor a handful of sites that should be easy for them to remedy with routing. But to be honest if you are in Russia, and you need to use those sites the logical thing to do is use another server, but if that isn't preferable I'm sure AirVPN would be able to accommodate any routing requests it recieves

Yes but those blocks are done on Residential ISPs not Datacenters.

Yes but those blocks are done on Residential ISPs not Datacenters.

Even better! So why exactly hasn't AirVPN done this yet? Could staff give some input because I think this is something people (myself included) could really benefit from, especially after the loss of Nair in Ukraine.

Even better! So why exactly hasn't AirVPN done this yet? Could staff give some input because I think this is something people (myself included) could really benefit from, especially after the loss of Nair in Ukraine.

Well in the past even datacenters were getting forced to block or be shutdown, that has luckily changed but AirVPN might not be too interested in servers here so they haven't really looked into it since the last time they did which could likely be a while ago. Also there is no guarantee AirVPN won't be asked to log any Russian citizens using their service however few that may be, but in that scenario I suppose they could always withdraw it. I got a server with hostkey.ru myself tho and they haven't asked me to log anything but then again I'm the only one using it so they might not care.