Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.131.200
kumquatq3

No Internet Connection when not on AirVPN!

Windows 10 64x, latest Airvpn client, ethernet connection.

Issue: I am unable to connect to the internet when not connected to AirVPN.

I started to have an issue when disconnecting from AirVPN where my computer would detect the ethernet connection, but would be unable to connect to the internet. However, a computer restart would generally solve the issue.

However, today, nothing will work. I would orginally get this error:

Capture.jpg

I tried unplugging modem and router; flushing my DNS (ipconfig/flushdns); turning off firewall; multiple browsers and steam; made sure network lock was off; and restarted numerous times. Nothing. I cannot connect without AirVPN connected, despite my computer reflecting a network connection.

I then found this:

Capturhje.jpg

Once I turned that off (it was previously on), I finally got a new error, but nothing changed:

Captufrre.jpg

Once done, it lead to this:

Captufcre.jpg

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

-John

Can you tell us the DNS address in your network adapter?

Also, can you tell us what you have checked in your network adapter?

Obtain IP address automatically or use this IP address?

Obtain DNS address automatically or use this (these) DNS address(es) (your IPs DNS address(es)?

If this isn't caused by having "Network Lock" activated make sure to have the eddie client closed and try this:

open a command prompt session as admin and type "ipconfig /renew" without quotes

another cause might be that you have set the DNS of your ethernet adapter manually at some point. In control panel open "network and sharing centre" click on "change adapter settings",  right click your ethernet adapter and open 'properties', select "internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click properties. Ensure "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected. It could be that yours is already set to automatically obtain the dns but when you run the eddie client it will force a dns change. If you are trying to use your normal net without closing the eddie client when obtain dns automatically is selected this is almost certainly the reason (network lock or not)

another cause might be that you have set the DNS of your ethernet adapter manually at some point. In control panel open "network and sharing centre" click on "change adapter settings",  right click your ethernet adapter and open 'properties', select "internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click properties. Ensure "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected. It could be that yours is already set to automatically obtain the dns but when you run the eddie client it will force a dns change. If you are trying to use your normal net without closing the eddie client when obtain dns automatically is selected this is almost certainly the reason (network lock or not)

Bingo, that worked. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Bingo, that worked. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

No problem. I'm not sure which part of that worked, if you changed your DNS to obtain automatically I would check your Airvpn log for forced dns change and do a leak test next time you use the vpn https://ipleak.net/

Not disconnecting from airvpn properly through the Eddie client causes this to happen to me too.  The DNS settings get messed up

Hey guys,
i'm having the same problem, pretty sure it's caused by that:

On 6/14/2016 at 7:02 PM, mcantu said:

Not disconnecting from airvpn properly through the Eddie client causes this to happen to me too.  The DNS settings get messed up

Yet, using an old MacBookPro on OS YOSEMITE I somehow cant use Thaliums solution as i simply don't find the "Network & Sharing Centre" that was mentioned here:
On 6/14/2016 at 5:16 PM, Thalium said:

If this isn't caused by having "Network Lock" activated make sure to have the eddie client closed and try this:

open a command prompt session as admin and type "ipconfig /renew" without quotes

Anyone has an idea where to find all that stuff on YOSEMITE? Any possibility to integrate a "Switch for Dummies" into AirVPN to reset something like that as it appears to happen repeatedly to me when e.g. closing down my laptop?

It's soooo annoying and has been a problem for years, i can see when searching Google.

I though have only had the problem for a couple of months, even without doing anything. Haven't upgraded to Mojave. And then Catalina. SO i thought it was time to make that upgrade, but didn't help a bit. Same problem.

And as it's the same on every platform it's not OS specific, so it's Eddie which has the problem. Why doesn't it get fixed ?

@Boblebad

Hello!

Check your ticket for additional information, please. Also, remember that it's correct and expected that Eddie (or any other program of any kind operating on system settings) does not restore previous settings if it's not shut down gracefully. It just can't. Anyway, when you re-run Eddie, it will restore the proper settings at the first chance, i.e. the first time it is shut down gracefully. Obviously if it's never shut down gracefully it can never do that.

Locking this thread which has been resuscitated after 4 years, improperly. Follow the ticket if problems persist.

Kind regards