Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.202.224
Sign in to follow this  

[SOLVED] are torrents now blocked by airvpn?

hi, over the last couple of days I've noticed that I cannot download/upload torrents while connected to airvpn. has something changed? has airvpn stopped supporting torrents?

I have noticed the same thing with their Canadian servers, but I have had better luck connecting to other servers. I have tried all the different connection options in AirVPN, and only switching to the right server works.

Blocking any protocol, like in this case P2P, would go against everything AirVPN stands for. No, AirVPN is not blocking P2P traffic. The trackers you are using could be blocking the AirVPN server IP you are using. Or, your ISP could be traffic shaping your VPN traffic. These are way more likely reasons than Air blocking P2P traffic.

hi, over the last couple of days I've noticed that I cannot download/upload torrents while connected to airvpn. has something changed? has airvpn stopped supporting torrents?

AirVPN will never change the policy regarding P2P - this is against the network neutrality vision, and the Air Mission altogether.

In the past, Air terminated the contracts with any network provider that could not comply with such basic internet "de facto".

You should check your own settings, including port forwarding.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I running qBit; no problems seeding.

Two days ago, I downloaded 4 torrents with qBit,

Canadian server Dheneb was fine, Netherlands was fine, Sweden was fine.

The ping matrix shows  some Canadian servers in red over the last four days.

Check and see if those are the servers you are having trouble with.

thanks. it must have been my system. I switched from using the terminal to using fruho and that seems to have done the trick.