Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.68.181

FWIW, I did some tests, when I'm connected to AirVPN I get the list of US Netflix content.  If I click on any US content (that isn't available in Canada) I get the proxy error.

However if I click on content which is available in both the US & Canada it will play without issue.

I'm Canadian and I use PayPal, however I checked my Netflix account page and I don't see my physical address (country) anywhere in their system.

Also it should be noted I haven't added all the IPs above from AS2906 & AS55095 yet.  Will try that later.

One side question, is this KB still valid?  https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix/   I tried Rana & Almach and get the US Netflix content list.

FWIW, I did some tests, when I'm connected to AirVPN I get the list of US Netflix content.  If I click on any US content (that isn't available in Canada) I get the proxy error.

However if I click on content which is available in both the US & Canada it will play without issue.

I'm Canadian and I use PayPal, however I checked my Netflix account page and I don't see my physical address (country) anywhere in their system.

Also it should be noted I haven't added all the IPs above from AS2906 & AS55095 yet.  Will try that later.

One side question, is this KB still valid?  https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix/   I tried Rana & Almach and get the US Netflix content list.

Thanks for the info part of your post Merlin, this would fall inline with the "by account restriction" ... I think I'm assuming you have your Canadian address on the paypal account or the payment carb/bank linked to it is a Canadian specific payment method? Could even be the default currency... anyway this is what I'm hoping to test by having an American spoofed paypal and netflix account.

That you can see Canadian content when i(eu user) can't play Canadian content on a US Netflix micro routed server would back up that theory also. Like you I can connect to any netflix but content on anything other than EU netflix will not play.

Hi I am a new AirVPN user and started getting proxy server errors when trying to watch Netflix. Any workaround I can try? I appreciate any help. Thanks 

Hi I am a new AirVPN user and started getting proxy server errors when trying to watch Netflix. Any workaround I can try? I appreciate any help. Thanks 

just try what's already been discussed in this thread.

I have just tried the suggested ranges above from zhang888 and then from go558a83nk ( minus all the /24's ) neither of them worked, still got the streaming blocked netflix error. Was using Eddie.

I tried on the Heze and Auva. 

I have just tried the suggested ranges above from zhang888 and then from go558a83nk ( minus all the /24's ) neither of them worked, still got the streaming blocked netflix error. Was using Eddie.

I tried on the Heze and Auva. 

well, all I can say is it works for me.  I didn't subtract any /24s 

Just an update to my previous post...... I haven't changed any settings on AirVPN however now even Canadian content is blocked when I'm connected to AirVPN.

Thalium, if you try your local content while connected, is it now blocked?

just checked netflix again.  indeed, they are blocking me even though I allow AS2906 & AS55095 outside the VPN.  I'm using apple tv.  Each attempt to play a video netflix creates a connection with a different amazonaws server which is probably meant to determine my IP once more.  they probably assume I'm not allowing the whole amazonaws IP range outside the VPN too.

I'm seeing the same behaviour as @go558a83nk

I'm routing the two Netflix AS nets thru my ISP, but nothing I do in Netflix seems to be going thru those IPs.  Anything I do seems to be going thru seemingly random AWS servers and Netflix is detecting my use of a VPN as a result.  fwiw, I'm using the netflix app on a roku3; all dns requests are intercepted and sent thru air's dns servers.  If I route all of my roku's traffic thru my ISP then Netflix runs fine.

For me, routing outside the VPN tunnel won't even work. For some strange reason, even though I'm in the United States, my home IP has been blocked by Netflix

For me, routing outside the VPN tunnel won't even work. For some strange reason, even though I'm in the United States, my home IP has been blocked by Netflix

if that's the case then you should talk to them

Hi all. I got this message today in response to my support ticket regarding Netflix.

Hello!
We're sorry, starting from approximately 7 PM UTC of 15-6-16, Netflix USA is no more accessible from our infrastructure.

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team

That seems to be that.

So that's it then...... another one bites the dust.

I'm glad I didn't buy a yearly subscription.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to go to now?

if you can find a VPN provider that can still access netflix tell us in the proper forum section.  But, I doubt one exists.

Netflix tries to block all VPN's so even if you should find a provider that's currently not blocked (or still has a few servers working) it can be blocked at any moment. Since Netflix has declared war on VPN's looking around for one currently working seems more like a waste of time and money since its lockout is probably inevitable. 

I can't find

AirVPN Client -> Preferences -> Routes -> [x.x.x.x/xx] Outside the VPN tunnel

in Tunnelblick. Could somebody help?

I can't find

tunnelblick may not have the option to to edit routing.  but don't bother anyway.  read the whole thread.

So I added the list of IP's to the routes section that werre listed a few days back and tried it view netflix then again. Still receiving the same proxy error. : (  I must be doing something wrong? Can someone please look at the imgur link below and tell me if I added them correctly? Thank you. 

http://imgur.com/o0ZGWih

I can't find

So the way I found "Preferences" was right clicking the icon in the task pane in Win10. Once you find preferences you should be able to find the rest.  See screenshot if needed in link below. 

http://imgur.com/m81bTA1

So I added the list of IP's to the routes section that werre listed a few days back and tried it view netflix then again. Still receiving the same proxy error. : (  I must be doing something wrong? Can someone please look at the imgur link below and tell me if I added them correctly? Thank you. 

http://imgur.com/o0ZGWih

you just didn't read the whole thread I guess.  as has already been said by others, it doesn't work anymore.  for a day or two routing netflix outside the VPN worked, now it doesn't. 

Hi there. 

Great discussion.

There are VPNs that still work with US netflix. It takes time to find them - and they play a cat and mouse game with netflix. Netflix is reported - at least on a forum I saw, but can't now find -  to have a team trolling fora like this to identify the vpns that are still working - and then block them.

I found a couple of VPNs that did work - and spoke to the VPN's online support, which are upfront. And there are a couple of VPNs that actively work to evade geoblocking - and say so. Others just giveup - such as PIA. The latest to fall to netflix geoblocking, I am aware of, is vpn.s (it is Australia based).

For me, I use airvpn for just about everything.

I do not pirate content, but I have seen - and this is quite unscientific - a spike in netflix content out on torrents. I just wonder if geoblocking provokes revenge pirating? In Australia, there was a newspaper article (yes, I know, a newspaper - how reliable is that?) that said that after netflix arrived pirating fell by more than 75%. I have no idea how they came to that conclusion. 

Are SmartDNS services still able to access Netflix? That's the only suggestion I can think of.

None that I currently know of. But Getflix and Borderless Internet are two that always tend to keep you in the loop, and chances are it'll be a week or two before they circumvent the current obstacles put up by Netflix. It's a cat and mouse game, and those two mice seem pretty determined.

A mate of mine who uses another vpn managed to get netflix to work by selecting a torrent server his vpn offered. I have absolutely no idea what such a server is.... but as of a few minutes ago it was still working.

This is going to be a dumb question - but how is netflix detecting that a VPN is being used - if the DNS and IP settings are correct geo location; and in my case, I have webrtc disabled. Do they detect you are using openvpn - then just assume you are not in the US? 

A mega corporation of their size is much more funded than all VPN providers taken altogether.

When the content providers are pushing such services to fight VPNs and content restrictions, they can

have a department dedicated for this 24/7. Detecting non-residential ranges is a trivial task.

Then applying logging on the questionable/mixed ranges, and then blocking them if X amount of users

are sharing the same IP is another fairly easy task.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.