Not connected, Your IP: 35.169.107.177
ravenheart

Tor's Appelbaum Gone Amidst Allegations

Jacob Appelbaum has left the Tor project amidst more allegations of sexual mistreatment, possibly against co-workers. The fact that such allegations are "not" new to the project concerning his behvior over the years troubles me that it was not addressed earlier and either dealt with then, or that he was simply not dismissed. Definately darkens my view of the project at large.....

Read the Tor Blog Statement:  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.

I agree with wunderbar, now that I've looked up his Latin. Innocent till proven guilty...in a court of law. Seems to be a bit of smoke there, but nobody's demonstrated the fire. Seems like JA is a talented guy with a history of working for worthwhile causes. But the limited info on the complainant collective website seems suspiciously weak.

Heroes are people who have managed to do great things and be noticed for it.

This is a very disturbing definition as Hitler would count as a hero. He did terrible, but great things. He got.. "noticed" for it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

This is a very disturbing definition as Hitler would count as a hero. He did terrible, but great things. He got.. "noticed" for it.

I'm sure ​SOME  people would consider him heroic. Not me, but someone lol.

​Basically what I meant by that quote was that every hero has unheroic traits or have done unsavory things.

"The problem is that when people hear the term "big brother", they immediately think it's scary or bad, but I don't. I think, wow, I love my big brother." ~ Michael Scott

girl was walken by, didn't know she was in the no spin zone....

things got out of hand.....

I believe giganerd meant great as in "large scale" and "big impact", like in the German word "groß", which can translate

to great but can lose the context - that word does not mean great as the English term "good" "nice" or positive. More

like massive.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I'm sure ​SOME  people would consider him heroic. Not me, but someone lol.

​Basically what I meant by that quote was that every hero has unheroic traits or have done unsavory things.

my guess is catchtheblacksunshine is just saying a hero has achieved something, maybe making a positive post

giganerd, sometimes man you really do need to just stfu, how in the world you can take something like half way

positive on here and compare it to a piece of shit like hitler is beyond me

just stfu dude

catchtheblacksunshine has 14 posts you got a thousand

and what he just said made more damn sense than half your shit

so no man it wasn't disturbing what he said, what you said is disturbing

cm0s

You apologized once. Now you're doing exactly the same thing.

I believe giganerd meant great as in "large scale" and "big impact", like in the German word "groß", which can translate

to great but can lose the context - that word does not mean great as the English term "good" "nice" or positive. More

like massive.

I meant to translate the german "großartig". I should've written "magnificent" instead.

Also, there's this AE/BE thing I honestly can't differentiate. I catched that phrase in a british movie and it was translated to "großartig". I should've known that some American would misunderstand it so bad, he'd go on insulting me - again.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Well to be fair,

wasn't that great, giganerd. The plot just wasn't very original and quite frankly, only Game of Thrones can get away with killing off so many lead characters.

​But back on topic.

​It's sad to see people leave the Tor project, considering how important it is. But Jacob isn't the only one to leave, as Lucky Green left too. I wonder how this will impact the project. I guess you can have the best technology in the world and it won't matter if you can simply make the people running it, quit.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Accordingly, we are pleased to announce an excellent slate of new directors who have agreed to serve on Tor's board. The old directors have, as of July 12, 2016, elected these directors as the new Tor board:

Matt Blaze

Cindy Cohn

Gabriella Coleman

Linus Nordberg

Megan Price   

Bruce Schneier

That first and last names on this list alone make me very confident that the project will continue to grow and serve it's mission. Perhaps more than before.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.