Not connected, Your IP: 3.230.162.238

As of a few days ago Netflix seems to be blocked when using any airvpn server from all apple platforms that I own ( iphone, ipad,  appletv generation 2).

If you try to access netflix from iphone and ipad theres only a generic error message about "unable to play the title".

On appleTV generation 2&3 theres a specific error message:

Netflix 139: NFErr_MC_Authfailure

The error suggest an auth failure, I don't think it is related to the VPN.

It is indeed related to airvpn, if I disable airvpn everything is fine. But accessing netflix behind an airvpn server the connection fails.

I just finished my call to netflix customer support and they say that this error message is because of me using an VPN connection, they told me if I turned off the vpn connection netflix should be working again.

Hello,

querying VPN DNS is essential for the micro-routing system, while Netflix native applications versions >=3.7.2 will try to bypass your system DNS. That's the reason of the issue. See for example http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2342149 for some suggestions.

Kind regards

yes, definitely need to use DNS filtering/redirect.  I know in Asus firmware it's easy.  Also easy in pfsense and is enabled in the 2.3 setup guide.

Until today I was able to access Netflix on my iPhone and iPad (using the OpenVPN software).   (I watched shows on my iPhone yesterday)

I was using a cert I generated about 2 months ago.

Now when I login to Netflix, it still pulls up the list of shows, however when I click on one I immediately get the error "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy, blah blah blah".

Until today I was able to access Netflix on my iPhone and iPad (using the OpenVPN software).   (I watched shows on my iPhone yesterday)

I was using a cert I generated about 2 months ago.

Now when I login to Netflix, it still pulls up the list of shows, however when I click on one I immediately get the error "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy, blah blah blah".

Hello !

I have a feeling that they do that on purpose, as I've experienced it too. It's as with cookies: look how delicious they are! Yummm, NO YOU CANT HAVE THEM! xD

Terrible isn't it.

You won't see many cookie-related jokes on this technical forum, so I urge you to savor it. As with cookies.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.