Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.8.247
Sign in to follow this  
chisto

Eddie connection ok, but no settings it remains blocked

Hi all,
sorry for my basic/poor english.

It's my second day with Airvpn ( I subscribed the 3 days for 1 €).
Surfing web it's absolutely ok, I tried changing various europe servers, always with good results. No slowdowns, no one problem, all fine. Probably I can say beyond my expectations.

But "Eddie" is a problem in my case.
I open Airvpn client, after login I can choose a server, but then I can't no more because it becomes unresponsive. It fails to responde any other  input. And clicking on Menù or any other voice paralyzes "eddie" that remains blocked (in the meantime I can continue surfing with the same server, I mean without changing it of course) and the only way to exit from this situation is to reboot pc (I don't know how to kill Eddie).
I downloaded Eddie .deb version 64 bit from here https://airvpn.org/linux/  I'm on linux mint 17.3.

I'm very glad with airvpn I would like to keep it, renewing and extending subscription, but that obviously in case is possible solve this situation with "eddie"

Try using the portable version, the tar.gz version here airvpn_linux_x64_portable.tar.gz

thank you for your interest, but this can't be a solution for me. I will not dwell on why but I want/need to use this deb version.

Update: Without any action on my part, now today I can navigate through all Menù (however scrolling down server list, the dropdown menù jumps to the top list, so I if want to connect to a server which is below in list, I have to be quick in select). All Menù apart Setting/preferences, where Eddie remains blocked.

Mono doesn't seem resource-hungry, but It might have something to do the voice virtual memory ?  (checking window property of mono results about 2.4/2.6 gb). On board I have 4gb ram.