Not connected, Your IP: 44.192.132.66
JosepR

What do you think about VyprVPN

I'm curious about your opinion about VyprVPN and specially the fact that they own their servers. Not worried about keeping logs for some time.

Generally it is better to avoid US based VPN providers.

Especially shady ones like you mentioned, where they have a single /24 IP range

which they use for many of their locations,

fi1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

be1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

cz1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

pt1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

pl1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

at1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

They are all geolocating to US, so you are going to have "at least" geolocation issues.

Such providers with fake locations should be avoided in any case.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

It´s worth mentioning that this is the reason why they own all servers. Mr. Yokubaitis (Co-CEO Goldenfrog) has ties to Data Foundry (see here: http://www.datafoundry.com/groundbreaking/). They are active in the political movement (see here: https://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/golden-frog-co-ceo-ron-yokubaitis-speak-senator-ted-cruzs-open-internet-press-conference). Overall not a bad company. But you have to keep in mind that they keep logs.

fi1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

be1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

cz1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

pt1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

pl1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

at1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

They are all geolocating to US, so you are going to have "at least" geolocation issues.

Such providers with fake locations should be avoided in any case.

VyprVPN has just one /24?

Their servers are probably all in the same datacenter, then.

If you believe the internet, VyprVPN are also well known for ratting out users to the copyright trolls, no questions asked. Ironic considering their Giganews company made their fortune from selling Usenet accounts so people could download 'Linux ISOs' for a couple of decades... 

i believe vypervpn is worth considering they tell you what they log unlike vpn providers promising no logging but yet log anyway and also i believe this ars technica article is well worth reading

http://arstechnica.co.uk/security/2016/06/best-vpn-anonymity-ad-tracking-problems/

also one of the most common errors is that vpns claim to be anoymous when vpns were never designed to be anonymous

I am a former costumer of VyprVPN...Long stoty short - they collect and store users data such as: Date and time you signed on. Your IP address , method of payment. I f you try to create an account while connected to another VPN or proxy - they will detect the fact and disable your account! They ask for " verification" like your papal, CC number.

I got a feeling it's a data collection operation more than anything. Their servers are all in the US under US laws.

Danger! Stay away!