Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.141.202
Sign in to follow this  
Anontor

Manually excluding program or service.

1. Can this be done in "any way" except to start before you start AIR VPN ?

2. Is there a premium service with higher bandwidth available to buy, i read somewhere about an over 10 MiB guaranteed speeds, what would this cost ?

1. Can this be done in "any way" except to start before you start AIR VPN ?

2. Is there a premium service with higher bandwidth available to buy, i read somewhere about an over 10 MiB guaranteed speeds, what would this cost ?

Hello!

1. Could you please elaborate?

2. Currently premium members connecting to 1 Gbit/s servers already have more than that. 1 Gbit/s servers are Delphini, Sirius, Vega, Draconis and Castor. On these servers there are constantly 700-800 Mbit/s (that is 75-100 MB/s) available.

Kind regards

Hello!

1. Could you please elaborate?

2. Currently premium members connecting to 1 Gbit/s servers already have more than that. 1 Gbit/s servers are Delphini, Sirius, Vega, Draconis and Castor. On these servers there are constantly 700-800 Mbit/s (that is 75-100 MB/s) available.

Kind regards

One: For example if i want to run an already encrypted service but not use the VPN for it, and be able to switch between the servers to watch streaming content and go to country specific websites without being forced to shutdown the other service.

Two: When i do the speed tests on any of them i have not yet to get over 40 Megabits down, under half of my regular bandwidth, The minimum bandwidth is 4 megabits so is there any plan with more bandwidth planned ?

One: For example if i want to run an already encrypted service but not use the VPN for it, and be able to switch between the servers to watch streaming content and go to country specific websites without being forced to shutdown the other service.

Two: When i do the speed tests on any of them i have not yet to get over 40 Megabits down, under half of my regular bandwidth, The minimum bandwidth is 4 megabits so is there any plan with more bandwidth planned ?

Hello!

About point one: yes, a simple but not very flexible way would be to run the service before you connect to an Air server. When you connect to the VPN, the service will continue exchanging packets outside the tunnel, but only for already established connections. Thus, if this is a TCP based service the above may be a good solution, otherwise it's probably not.

The alternative would be to modify your routing table. By default our VPN servers push routes so that all your traffic will be routed through the encrypted tunnel. After the connection you might modify routes so that traffic for certain IP addresses is routed outside, through your "normal" gateway, bypassing tun interface. Compare your routing tables before and after the connection, and proceed with caution, a mistake may compromise the anonymity layer.

About point two: 40 Mbit/s is an awesome result, better (as far as we know) than the average bandwidth offered by most VPN providers in the world. To beat that, you need at least a 100 Mbit/s server exclusively dedicated to you (please note that your 40 Mbit/s imply 80 Mbit/s on the Air server - bw used by the server for a client is the double of the bw used by that client).

Actually, we can provide 100 Mbit/s and 1 Gbit/s servers (please note that a dedicated server will not offer the usual AirVPN anonymity layer) but probably you would not beat that speed anyway. Any additional bandwidth allocation guaranteed by us probably would have no effect, because you already enjoy from Air servers an available bandwidth (700-800 Mbit/s) greater than the maximum speed you can reach.

Kind regards