Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.246.88
BeefJerky

Torrents not working on US servers

I'm suddenly having a weird issue with the AirVPN service and torrents. When connected to any US server, DHT does not work, my port shows as closed and nothing will download. However, I can connect to a server in the UK and everything works fine; DHT works, port is open and everything downloads fine.

I believe this started around 2-3PM CST on 5/24/16. Nothing has changed on my end, but I still did some troubleshooting. I tried disabling Windows Firewall, as well as upgrading the newest uTorrent, but the problem persists. Torrents still do not work on US server, but are fine on UK servers.

I hope this problem can be fixed quickly. Thanks!

I have the same problem with qBit but US servers might be blocking the DHT.

Have you tried all the other ports like 53, 80, or 2018 using TCP? 

I use other servers like Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia, Ukraine etc..

It doesn't matter which port I use. The US servers were working fine for me up until yesterday, so something clearly changed. I hope they can fix it, because open ports and torrents being allowed on the US servers were a major reason for me coming to AirVPN.

Many trackers block US server IPs. This is not something VPN providers can fix.

You can alternatively use Canadian servers if it negatively affects your speed.

You should try downloading a Linux ISO torrent and check by yourself.

Trackers that don't block certain ranges should work perfectly fine.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

they are talking about even DHT not working.  that's "trackerless". 

Correct, DHT doesn't rely on trackers. Nonetheless, I did try downloading a Linux ISO at the time and was unsuccessful.

That said, US servers seem to be working again today. I am currently connected to Alkaid, and DHT is working and things are downloading. No idea what the problem was, but hopefully it keeps working.

This issue has returned. Once again, I cannot use DHT or have an open port on any US server. And like last time, it works fine when connected to a Canadian server.

What is going on here? It would be nice to hear something official. I see staff responding to other threads, so I know they check the forums.

Experiment with listening ports from 6881 to 6889.

I am using listening port 6888 on qBit and Cursa, Alkaid, Metallah, Rasalas and Azha working with this port.

Sometime this afternoon, I will try the rest of the US servers.

6888 is not my assigned listening port.

6881 did not work for me.

listening port 6888 is working with qBit on these US servers, too.

Dallas

Dschubba?

Pollex

Acamar

Persei

Pavonis

Yildun

Sabik

All showed DHT nodes of 371 except Pavonis 277.

I am D/L and U/L torrents combined over 60.

You can try the rest of the US servers.

If you have trouble with the ports between 6881 thru 6889; check your firewall and/or router configurations.

I tried the other technique as a proxy server under socks5; use 127.0.0.1 port 9150; uncheck peer to peer connections.

It did not work for me.

This may not be relevant for airvpn but it has emerged as the case whilst I was an active member of the KAT community and using another vpn provider. 

A number of US server providers were being leaned on heavily for allowing torrent traffic. Whilst there was the obvious public facing big thumb, there was also a background big thumb. I can't imagine it being the reason in this case but it's something to bear in mind when using US data centres and if it does occur with airvpn well worth notifying them. I believe the partnerships airvpn have with providers is good. However, things do change.

Correct, DHT doesn't rely on trackers. Nonetheless, I did try downloading a Linux ISO at the time and was unsuccessful.

That said, US servers seem to be working again today. I am currently connected to Alkaid, and DHT is working and things are downloading. No idea what the problem was, but hopefully it keeps working.

Just tried logging back into Alkaid, and it's still not working for me. Still no DHT, still not able to get anything to show my port as open, and still nothing downloading. As mentioned above, Linux torrents also do not work for me.

Please provide some sort of feedback AirVPN. There is an issue here, and it needs to be fixed...

Just checked myself. The Linux ISO torrent downloads successfully on Alkaid. No trackers, only DHT enabled.

However, I am not an US cititzen and maybe the routing is different for me here. Strange thing though.

Regards

Fox

torrents work fine for me connected to a USA server.  many of the public trackers work as well as about 176 DHT nodes.  qbittorrent in a linux virtual machine running Eddie.