Not connected, Your IP: 18.207.161.212

Since becoming a new member with AirVPN I cannot stream Popcorn Time.  

I am using OpenVPN Asus 88U router with .opvn Miami (Cursa) server file (UDP 443).  My connection works fine with Kodi and internet but my OpenVPN Client (AppleTV4) in router VPN status tab says "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict".  As I mentioned I have no problem using Kodi and any other app that connects to internet on AppleTV 4.  It's only when I try to stream using Popcorn Time app it won't.

If I replace the AirVPN .ovpn file in OpenVPN router with my other VPN service .ovpn file Popcorn Time works fine.  The other VPN service .ovpn file is setup using TCP 443 with Sha512 and the same Miami server location (using QuadraNet just like AirVPN).

I have tried using AirVPN TCP 443 .ovpn file Miami (Cursa) and still doesn't work with Popcorn Time.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.  I like the AirVPN service so far, but don't see how all of a sudden when I use AirVPN .ovpn file my Popcorn Time won't work.

Did you try TCP mode with 443, or any other server?

Yes, I tried TCP with 443 too with no luck.  I did try Atlanta, GA server too with same result.

For some reason the router says there is an error IP/router conflict but my connection works fine except for Popcorn Time.  I can pick any stream in Popcorn Time and none of them will start.  As soon as I replace the .ovpn file from AirVPN with my other VPN service .ovpn file Popcorn Time works fine and no error.  The .ovpn file from other VPN is using a Miami (QuadraNet) location too with no problem.

I can't see any reason why AirVPN .ovpn file doesn't work  and other vpn service .ovpn file does work for Popcorn Time.  They both what appears to be same QuadraNet server location in Miami.

Boosted, it sounds as though you are using stock Asus firmware.  If so, you should switch to Merlin firmware.  He's got a better openvpn client setup.  You'll easily be able to change server, port, protocol, and do more powerful things like policy routing.

So, yes, I'd try different servers first - servers in different cities so that you don't use the same datacenter.  It's possible that popcorntime has blocked a range of IP addresses that includes Cursa.

It's also helpful to include which port/version popcorn time you are using.  There's a couple different ones out there, at least one of which claims it has a built in vpn in the client.

Edit-

Also, I don't have Apple TV.  Is this an Apple TV app or do  you run it on your computer and cast it to your Apple TV device?

Just checked popcorntime.sh on a Win PC with RT-AC88U w/ merlin doing all traffic routing to Auva and the movie I started played fine.  I only checked a few seconds of playback.

It's also helpful to include which port/version popcorn time you are using.  There's a couple different ones out there, at least one of which claims it has a built in vpn in the client.

Edit-

Also, I don't have Apple TV.  Is this an Apple TV app or do  you run it on your computer and cast it to your Apple TV device?

Just checked popcorntime.sh on a Win PC with RT-AC88U w/ merlin doing all traffic routing to Auva and the movie I started played fine.  I only checked a few seconds of playback.

Sorry, forgot to mention I am using the latest Beta build for Asus 88U from Merlin, so that shouldn't be the issue.  I can dump a Miami .ovpn file from another VPN provider I use into router and Popcorn will work no problem.  As soon as I change out .ovpn file to AirVPN file using Cursa it shows an error IP/routing problem on router but connection to internet on AppleTV 4 working fine with Kodi etc., but not Popcorn.

Edit-

I forgot to answer your question about AppleTV.

Yes I am running Popcorn app directly on AppleTV.  I don't know what version Popcorn it is.  Its the one I downloaded from the xcode signer service I use to run non-app store apps on AppleTV, like Kodi and Popcorn.

Problem solved.

Both Miami server IP's must be blocked.

Connected to Texas (Auva) server using UDP 443 .ovpn file.

Popcorn Time working great

Edit-

Sorry, forgot to mention I am using the latest Beta build for Asus 88U from Merlin, so that shouldn't be the issue.  I can dump a Miami .ovpn file from another VPN provider I use into router and Popcorn will work no problem.  As soon as I change out .ovpn file to AirVPN file using Cursa it shows an error IP/routing problem on router but connection to internet on AppleTV 4 working fine with Kodi etc., but not Popcorn.

my suggestion to use Merlin was an aside.  nothing to do with whether or not popcorntime works.  it just makes it easier to change servers.  all you have to do is change the server IP address.  no need to load a new ovpn file each time.  stock firmware gives you no manual control last I looked.