Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.144.32
ravenheart

are you a server/location creature of habit?

just curious if anyone else out there tends to stay within a certain geographical location regardless of server speed? or do you have any locations you flat out refuse to connect to for whatever reason? I tend to fall into both of these areas heh

just curious if anyone else out there tends to stay within a certain geographical location regardless of server speed? or do you have any locations you flat out refuse to connect to for whatever reason? I tend to fall into both of these areas heh

I use Air strictly for privacy reasons, and tunnel all my traffic through pfSense router. I actually do not care much about geolocation. When service provider block my country, I just don't use it. I believe that it's not worth using. While Netflix started blocking VPNs a resigned immediately. For me privacy always wins. Having said that, at the beginning I experimented with various locations and finally settled with Netherlands for good as the best compromise between speed and privacy. At least from my perspective (I live in central Europe). Not only I settled on one given country, but also on one given server. However I wouldn't think twice to switch my preferred location if Netherlands lower somehow their privacy standards. Although, since Air requires simultaneous connections to different servers, for my mobile devices I've chosen Romania and Sweden. Both are good privacy friendly countries. Recently I experimented with Ukraine, with excellent latency and speed, however I resigned because usually only few user are connected to the Ukraine server (Nair), and this somehow scares me that it would be easy to correlate my traffic. Waiting for more users using Nair

So yes, I stay with one primary location, but monitor situation actively

I only connect to one server. All manner of internet creatures will come acclimated to my presence this way. In other words, after some time the services I use will "learn" I live in the server's country. Which is good because it's not my real location, after all.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Until then...

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.