Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.70.203
bb321

A few newbie questions before signing up;

I will be working in and around India and i need to make and receive payments to the UK through banks, paypal neteller and skrill.

1/ I noticed there isn't a server in my area, will this greatly affect the speed i can achieve?

2/ Am i able to choose a specific ip address to use every time, if so roughly how many are in the UK to choose from?

3/ Are the UK ip addresses on airvpn widely used, which may present a problem for me using duplicate ip's to use financial services which are widely know and therefore flagged?

Thanks in advance.

1. No it doesn't realy affect speeds much since if within same country the routing is usually pretty good.

2. No you can't choose IP all servers have 1 exit IP that we all use on the server but there a few UK servers and they are decent.

3. Well you can see the use on the client Eddie or here https://airvpn.org/status/ all servers are available to all users. Also as far as I know the UK IPs haven't been flagged.

I will be working in and around India and i need to make and receive payments to the UK through banks, paypal neteller and skrill.

1/ I noticed there isn't a server in my area, will this greatly affect the speed i can achieve?

2/ Am i able to choose a specific ip address to use every time, if so roughly how many are in the UK to choose from?

3/ Are the UK ip addresses on airvpn widely used, which may present a problem for me using duplicate ip's to use financial services which are widely know and therefore flagged?

Thanks in advance.

Only other people that are in India could tell you about international speeds via VPN tunnel to nearby nations.  I wouldn't have my hopes high but it wouldn't be the fault of AirVPN.  Quite often international gateways are just overloaded and/or throttled.

If banking web sites block VPNs then you may have a problem.  Again, this wouldn't be the fault of AirVPN.  Every VPN that I know of uses a shared IP for all the users on a given server.

Hello.

Speaking of UK only, you currently have 7 different IP addresses to choose from, which are the 7 servers there.

As it comes to speed, you might get better latency to Singapore and Hong Kong instead, you don't have to

buy a plan in order to test it, just ping any server within your area of choice, i.e.:

hadar.airvpn.org

yed.airvpn.org

nunki.airvpn.org

and so on.

TATA communications (India's largest marine cable carrier) has great peering with Asia, but not so much with Europe at this point.

We are still talking about <100ms differences, but it can be significant for some use-cases.

Better latency might indicate better performance in most cases.

As for India, you are still probably better with a VPN rather than without. The reason is, since the population is large,

and the APNIC IP addresses are very limited, most customers find themselves behind a CG-NAT, which is sharing the same IP

address for hundrends, in some cases even thousands of subscribers. The Air servers are shared as well, but not as much as it

would be using a regular residential ISP there. My example mostly covered Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and BSNL, I don't have exact

specs about others, but you can get a free 3 days trial and check everything by yourself.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

i am guessing that you will probably want to look for a VPN provider that offers servers in india

there will be increased latency so don't expect to be able to do online gaming.

also you may want to ask your bank if it is okay to use a virtual private network to acces your account. your bank should have an answer

3 and for your third question i would not recommend using a virtual private network to access your bank account. and if you do use a vpn for accesing your bank account you will probably want vpn providers with servers in India 

if your bank is in the united kingdom than i recommend choosing a vpn provider that has servers in the united kingdom