Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.200.109
Sign in to follow this  
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Could AirVPN add more Latvia Servers/Bandwith?

Is it possible that staff could invest in either more Latvian servers or more bandwidth? The current 100 mb/s seems to get filled up quite a bit every so often and it can become irritating. I'm not sure what the bandwidth costs are but it would be a nice addition considering there is more European bandwidth being used than American Bandwidth.

They are rarely utilized to use all 100mbit/s.

There are 3 1Gbit/s servers in Lithuania as well, which are also not very utilized.

Yeah, but it does happen and when it does it kills my internet connection. I even happened once or twice today. I have not used the Lithuania servers mainly because of the Geolocation inaccuracy (this may have changed so don't quote me on it). I guess what i am hoping for is more stability on Latvian servers as you stated it is seldom although it can happen 1-3 times throughout the day.

There are 3 1Gbit/s servers in Lithuania as well, which are also not very utilized.

I would say it carries weight what he says since the Latvian servers show as residential and not servers which means it can prove quite useful to have them.

I don't know what datacenter they use but would love to know.

I would say it carries weight what he says since the Latvian servers show as residential and not servers which means it can prove quite useful to have them.

This is serveria.com.

For your other question - the Swedish servers should probably show up as residential as well. Teknikbyran is a residential ISP there.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

This is serveria.com.

For your other question - the Swedish servers should probably show up as residential as well. Teknikbyran is a residential ISP there.

My request for more Latvian servers isn't out of necessity, it's a want not a need. Could I use Lithuanian servers or actually any other server for that matter? Hell yes. I just have a preference for Latvia and I'm sure there may be others out there that do as well. Whether there is enough people that want it for AirVPN to do it is ultimately their decision (and that is the purpose of this thread). If Air only got the bare minimum amount of bandwidth and servers their service would be much smaller.

This is serveria.com.

But Serveria offers 1Gbit lines but AirVPN has max at 100Mbit?

Yeah, but it does happen and when it does it kills my internet connection. I even happened once or twice today. I have not used the Lithuania servers mainly because of the Geolocation inaccuracy (this may have changed so don't quote me on it). I guess what i am hoping for is more stability on Latvian servers as you stated it is seldom although it can happen 1-3 times throughout the day.

The Latvian servers are all correctly geolocated. However, they are not specifically geolocated. For example, their geolocation simply says "Lithuania" without providing the city, etc

This is serveria.com.

Tania, the new HK server, also shows up as residential. Also, all the Toronto, ON, CA servers at the "Yesup Ecommerce Solutions" datacenter show up as residential.

They don't. These are 1Gbit connections with 100mbit ports at the WAN switch. You can use 1Gbit within your local servers, if any.

Such setup is common around eastern Europe.

I see, well thanks I like the latvian servers regardless might see about setting up my own with those guys.

The Latvian servers are all correctly geolocated. However, they are not specifically geolocated. For example, their geolocation simply says "Lithuania" without providing the city, etc

Not sure which servers you are specifically referencing either Lithuania or Lativa. But i can say that Latvia servers geolocate correctly and to Riga (which i believe is the capital?). All i am looking to see if if there is or is not support for more Latvian servers or more bandwidth on existing servers.

If this is such an issue, for these questions, we can probably make the Lithuania servers geolocate to Siauliai city, where they are located.

Such requests were never made so far, but it only takes a simple request to Maxmind to include the city as well, except the country code.

Not sure what is the actual use-case of this, OP, please elaborate.

As long as there are no city-blocked services in Lithuania, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

Hence I consider this thread as potentially quarrelsome and spiteful, unless you can provide an acutal use case for such requests to Maxmind,

which I personally will be happy do to, and did so in the past, as long as the entire country was wrongfully detected by them.

Unless you are able to provide real use cases, this looks like an attempt to make the entire service look like it wasn't doing it's best

for it's userbase, which is clearly not the case if you looked at this community in the past and seen what has been done to resovle

geo-location issues with various ISPs, out of which 99.5% were solved, except a single server in CA (Tegmen), which geolocates to Seychelles.

Regards.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

All im trying to say folks is that Latvia's servers hitting 97%+ every day is a REAL issue. I do not care what people decide to do but for the people who use Latvian servers a solution should be made. Whether its shifting people to Lithuanian servers (if they are okay with that) then so be it; if they want more bandwidth and servers in Latvia then they should request that here. There should be no quarrel, its as simple as acknowledging the problem and providing solutions. The one i have proposed is that since Latvia is in DAILY high demand that AirVPN add more servers/bandwidth to accommodate for the increased usage. People are unlikely to use a different country simple because you told them to which is why i personally believe my proposed idea is the easiest.

At the time of writing, all the Latvian servers are below their 50% of capacity.

This is not a scientific measure, but it indicates a very simple marketing 101 rule, which is demand and supply.

Note: My opinions are my own, the Air board might consider every aspect on their own, depending on their own calculations.

I just give a brief overview of what it takes to maintain servers in an exotic, expensive peering country like Latvia, based on my experience.

At the time of writing, all the Latvian servers are below their 50% of capacity.

This is not a scientific measure, but it indicates a very simple marketing 101 rule, which is demand and supply.

Note: My opinions are my own, the Air board might consider every aspect on their own, depending on their own calculations.

I just give a brief overview of what it takes to maintain servers in an exotic, expensive peering country like Latvia, based on my experience.

Funny because Schedir was at 97% capacity just as i logged on not two hours ago at the most. And by my guess work i would say that current servers can handle idle demand but not peak demand which occurs 1-3 times every day. Other servers can handle this type of demand for weeks at a time. Although the demand is different based on time, location and server i would say that Latvian servers cannot satisfy their particular demands for 24+ hours at a time like almost every other server can. Which yet again is why i reccomend they upgrade to meet peak demand for their users. let me ask you zhang888, would you rather use a server that is fast and online for weeks at a time without disconnects or would you rather use a server that is fast but unexpectedly kicks you off 1-3 times a day because its operators refuse to meet user demand simply because it is just 1-3 times a day? Anyone with basic common sense will tell you this works in the short term but it is unreliable for long term users (which air has plenty of some 5+ weeks per session)

All the Latvian servers are available for weeks, there is no "kicking off" - whatever you meant by that,

each and every connected user will still be able to use his bandwidth, as long that the server is able to provide it.

We were not aware of any user complaints, except the theoretical "1Gbit" ones, not able to get their bandwidth.

Please notice that you can get your minimum advertized 4Mbit/s speed with any server as the moment of writing,

some servers might have the peak of their capacity at some points of the day, but this is where the transparency

of Air is useful. You can know, in realtime, which server is overused and just switch to another one, there is no

other VPN provider that shows you such real-time stats. Overselling is much easier than being honest.

I don't see any point in your claims, as well as your city geolocation issues about other servers, sorry, I will have to lock this thread.