Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.122.46
Sign in to follow this  
mjq1602

Not able to access internet after disconnecting

Ok I have had the 3 day trial but because of some issues not sure I'll subscribe unless someone will be good enough to suggest a possible fix.  

It seems when I disconnect the DNS settings do not revert back to the 'Obtain DNS settings automatically'  option.  Whilst this is an easy fix it is starting to cheese me off.  Am I doing something wrong?  Does it have something to do with how I shut down Airvpn, if so can someone explain step by step how to go about it correctly.  please bear in mind I'm new to all this.

Thanks

Yes it does have something to do with how you exit the app, when you click the exit it'll ask you if you wanna quit then you say yes and it will disable network lock if you got it enabled(highly recommend doing so) and it'll revert the settings back as they were when it started however keep in mind if you crashed or closed it wrongly it will see the DNS settings that it set as the ones BEFORE not really fixable by anyone but you just make sure to close it properly and you'll be fine.

Yes it does have something to do with how you exit the app, when you click the exit it'll ask you if you wanna quit then you say yes and it will disable network lock if you got it enabled(highly recommend doing so) and it'll revert the settings back as they were when it started however keep in mind if you crashed or closed it wrongly it will see the DNS settings that it set as the ones BEFORE not really fixable by anyone but you just make sure to close it properly and you'll be fine.

So if it doesn't crash then it should be ok.  It crashed twice tonight so I guess that may be the problem.  And now thinking about it the other night I ran it for about 9 hours without any crashes and after exiting everything worked fine, so this kind of makes sense.  Just have to resolve the crashing issue then.

I'm running windows 10 so maybe an issue there as well.

thanks for the info

So if it doesn't crash then it should be ok.  It crashed twice tonight so I guess that may be the problem.  And now thinking about it the other night I ran it for about 9 hours without any crashes and after exiting everything worked fine, so this kind of makes sense.  Just have to resolve the crashing issue then.

I'm running windows 10 so maybe an issue there as well.

thanks for the info

If it crashes it will be unable to revert the settings since well crashes usually don't give programs a chance of clean exits. Usually it will try to recover if you reopen it after crash since the revert to settings are saved in files and if they are still there it can tell a crash happened and will try to revert.