Not connected, Your IP: 18.208.172.3
Evono

ANSWERED Getting Bsod ( Netio.sys ) system exception While using Airvpn

Hi iam getting a Bsod with Netio.sys when i use the vpn or short after i used it. any idea ?

Win 10 pro 64bit

intel it 4670

16gb ram

amd radeon r9 390 8gb vram

1 ssd as OS and 2 hdd 

AV is avast

running by that Adguard PRO

steam

Raptr ( amd evolved )

and after burner ( no oc )

Adguard sounds like the biggest shareware crap I've ever heard of.

Adguard is the best way to get rid of annoying ads, online tracking and to protect your computer from malware.

Install Adguard and you'll be amazed!

Oh wow, I'm actually right. It seems to tinker with your network traffic quite badly and should be removed straight away.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Adguard software is more or less a Hosts.TXT and doesnt tinkers around .

it just Blocks stuff

the biggest Pro of adguard is that i can use it on different programs not only browsers so i can make the steam browser adfree , utorrent , even the gamer servers that have FUCKING LOUD commercials playing each join.

+ it got some neat features via the browser companion to strip the referer disable web rtc , make your browser look like a proxy , it just works

and it worked with the pia VPN 

so any idea ?

You are buying a program which is just editing the hosts file? -.-

the biggest Pro of adguard is that i can use it on different programs not only browsers so i can make the steam browser adfree , utorrent , even the gamer servers that have FUCKING LOUD commercials playing each join.

Steam Browser?

There's a config setting in uTorrent turning off ads and bundles.

What do you mean by gamer servers?

+ it got some neat features via the browser companion to strip the referer disable web rtc , make your browser look like a proxy , it just works

It can strip the referer, disable WebRTC and look like a proxy? Sure it doesn't interfere with your network? Disabling WebRTC and turning off referers, features implemented by browsers, are better taken care of by the browsers themselves, don't you think? In Firefox, you just have to change two config options and this change would be final. There's no need for a shareware program to do this task for you again and again by hijacking your network traffic.

so any idea ?

As zhang888 pointed out, it's Adguard's fault. It's nice that it worked with PIA, but do you really want to go back to them just because this shareware worked with them?

On the topic of privacy, the AirVPN community stands somewhere between caution and complete paranoia. There are people from both sides, and of course the ones in between. Some guys published wonderful guides on how to optimize your anonymity to complete perfection. Just look at How To: Harden Firefox - Extreme Edition! We don't need shareware to do this task. Think about it. Maybe it's a bad investment...

You are buying a program which is just editing the hosts file? -.-

>the biggest Pro of adguard is that i can use it on different programs not only browsers so i can make the steam browser adfree , utorrent , even the gamer servers that have FUCKING LOUD commercials playing each join.

Steam Browser?

There's a config setting in uTorrent turning off ads and bundles.

What do you mean by gamer servers?

It can strip the referer, disable WebRTC and look like a proxy? Sure it doesn't interfere with your network? Disabling WebRTC and turning off referers, features implemented by browsers, are better taken care of by the browsers themselves, don't you think? In Firefox, you just have to change two config options and this change would be final. There's no need for a shareware program to do this task for you again and again by hijacking your network traffic.

so any idea ?

As zhang888 pointed out, it's Adguard's fault. It's nice that it worked with PIA, but do you really want to go back to them just because this shareware worked with them?

On the topic of privacy, the AirVPN community stands somewhere between caution and complete paranoia. There are people from both sides, and of course the ones in between. Some guys published wonderful guides on how to optimize your anonymity to complete perfection. Just look at How To: Harden Firefox - Extreme Edition! We don't need shareware to do this task. Think about it. Maybe it's a bad investment...

1 no its like a hosts.txt as i said its using the same lists but hosts.txt edits werent as good and not stable.

( sometime they didnt even work )

Steam browser as in Ingame browser of the steam gaming Software ( overlay browser based on chrome ) http://store.steampowered.com/

Game servers aka hmm game server where people play on they have "messages of the day" and some of the server owners start to inject ads there to play freaking fucking louad ads that welcome you with " EVER WANTED TO SHAVE FAST YOUR KNEES ?! "

yes utorrent can do that but why should i ? i could too setup pretty cheap a VPS and maintain it. patch it. and stuff to stay with security standards yet i use air VPN because its easier. or a seed box or whatever.

i dont use Firefox i use chrome and its harder there to disable WEB RTC besides the buggy mess of the ad blocker named Origin or something ( that makes half the internet not usable without allowing the sites that then again show ads)

it doesnt mess with my network 

it adds a "adguard companion extension" and all this Proxy look a lite , stripping referrer stuff and all is all made INSIDE of the browser via help of the extension and editing of browser files ( configs )

and even if i  would id still need to buy a tool to maintain hosts.txt files nicely the last i used was "http://www.abelhadigital.com/hostsman"  aka Hostsman for auto updates and stuff its free but since win 10 it gives pretty accurate Bluescreens and or messes your connection up till you remove the hosts file and the tool ( for whatever reason win 7 it worked neat )

and adguard cost me around 7€ for lifetime 3 licenses bought with russian rubel exchange on paypal

yet i think i found the error it wasnt adguard afterall another software that interferred with adguard was the fault and that made Adguard bluescreen.

What kind of games allow scripts to be executed in the MOTD? Makes it a good attack possibility.

About uTorrent, well, seedboxes are an interesting thing.

There's an extension for Chrome. Not a direct WebRTC block, but something along the lines of "network management" or something. Browse to ipleak.net, it's mentioned at the end of the page.

I'm asking myself why I still write here since it's not likely you are going to change your opinion. The biggest problem with IT always were people without a reason to leave the comfort zone. Maybe that's why most people still use Windows. I'm pointing at myself as well. It's pre-installed and works out of the box. As are Apple's OSes. At least I'm currently changing my habits and use Linux more and more...

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

What kind of games allow scripts to be executed in the MOTD? Makes it a good attack possibility.

There's an extension for Chrome. Not a direct WebRTC block, but something along the lines of "network management" or something. Browse to ipleak.net, it's mentioned at the end of the page.

I'm asking myself why I still write here since it's not likely you are going to change your opinion. The biggest problem with IT always were people without a reason to leave the comfort zone. Maybe that's why most people still use Windows. I'm pointing at myself as well. It's pre-installed and works out of the box. As are Apple's OSes. At least I'm currently changing my habits and use Linux more and more...

i mostly use Windows because its the most compatible platform for me . ( gaming , multimedia  and most other stuff ) 

Linux is nice. but heavily under developed you could compare it to Microsoft phone os. i would change instant to that too. if there would be more apps and compatibility.

+ i would change my Opinion if it would have been adguard  but it wasnt. ( left over from KIS )

the game server that allow ADs 

are all Half life based games ( Like Left for dead , Team fortress 2 + more ) its heavily utilized in Team fortress every 3 rd server got there Loud noisy commercials....

saw it in some other games but dont know anymore which

and why not live in comfort zone ? i automated like 90% of the maintenance ( software side ) in windows  ( and i dont speak about snake oil programms like Iobit or some crap they demolish PC´s )

thats how todays world work.

make other people or things work for you. Paid or made by yourself.

and why not live in comfort zone ? [...] thats how todays world work.

No battle was ever won in the comfort zone. And you've got a very limited view of the world, I feel.

i mostly use Windows because its the most compatible platform for me . ( gaming , multimedia  and most other stuff ) 

Linux is nice. but heavily under developed you could compare it to Microsoft phone os. i would change instant to that too. if there would be more apps and compatibility.

+ i would change my Opinion if it would have been adguard  but it wasnt. ( left over from KIS )

the game server that allow ADs 

are all Half life based games ( Like Left for dead , Team fortress 2 + more ) its heavily utilized in Team fortress every 3 rd server got there Loud noisy commercials....

saw it in some other games but dont know anymore which

and why not live in comfort zone ? i automated like 90% of the maintenance ( software side ) in windows  ( and i dont speak about snake oil programms like Iobit or some crap they demolish PC´s )

thats how todays world work.

make other people or things work for you. Paid or made by yourself.

I think you mean Source based games, since the engine is called Source.

Linux is good and best for privacy and the sort windows however has the biggest amount of Video game support so although you can do a lot with Linux as a gamer you are sentenced to Windows till.

and why not live in comfort zone ? [...] thats how todays world work.

No battle was ever won in the comfort zone. And you've got a very limited view of the world, I feel.

Actually no i used probably any linux any os and even this 32bit free windows being developed i forgot the name. 

and the comfort zone is the reason we can survive today.

as a gamer i cant switch to linux for Obvious reasons.

Neither Mac.

i have probably one of the biggest open views of the world. Digital and real life. you dont know me just dont try to judge over me while you neither understand the thread nor the reasons i use which stuff

You didn't say you were a gamer, this explains everything.