Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.222.152
Sign in to follow this  
mehāniskākaravīrs935

ANSWERED New Atria Server in Sweden is having DNS requests sent to Finland

Did you make sure you don't have a custom DNS server set?

Yes. I switched servers and the error has gone. I have not attempted to reconnect to Atria. I do not set custom DNS servers but if i did it would be very unlikely to be in Finland.

The reverse DNS for the IP address you posted is hel81-002.ff.avast.com.

This means that you have some kind of a service by Avast that hijacks your DNS traffic.

Since their nearest server to Sweden is probably Finland, you were redirected there.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

The reverse DNS for the IP address you posted is hel81-002.ff.avast.com.

This means that you have some kind of a service by Avast that hijacks your DNS traffic.

Since their nearest server to Sweden is probably Finland, you were redirected there.

Thank you for the help! I quickly realized that i installed Avast Internet Security yesterday and the secureDNS feature may have been sending DNS requests to them! I have disabled the feature and will be checking to see if it fixed the issue.

Edit: I can confirm Avast SecureDNS forwards users DNS requests to their servers. Might be good for non VPN users but certainly not for me. It has been disabled.