Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.101.170

Hi.

I recently tested my browser at http://ip-check.info and discovered my browsers (I use chrome and firefox) sent heaps of information that amounted to a fingerprint. I recall another site that provided a score, along the lines of "Your configuration is relatively unique - one PC in two billion" - or something like that.

Without using JonDo or ToR - is there a way to configure a browser to reduce the amount of identifying information sent?

Thank you for your time - and apologies if this has been covered - I could not see a post that addressed this issue.

[And thanks to Airvpn and the Airvpn community who have lots of great suggestions and assistance.]

T

Just remove the TorLauncher addon from the Tor Browser and set the proxy settings to "none".

You will have a pretty hardened browser (based on Firefox) with very good defaults, without Tor.

The website you were referring to is this:

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

what zhang888 stated

one of the best ways to quickly config firefox

plus you can check on the forum for 'hardening firefox'

think there is a user.js file ya can add into the tor headless config

Hello folks - thank you heaps for your replies and advice. Very much appreciated. 

Have a great day.....

T

zhang888: now I understand the questions about stripping off Tor Browser. It's very easy in Linux (only disabling Torlauncher, changing the network settings and disabling remote dns), but when I tried the same in Windows it doesn't work.

Do you know the steps to do the same in Windows, and how to disable the about:tor webpage when Tor browser is launched?

Thanks