Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.19.28
OpenSourcerer

Waterfox, a 64-bit Firefox for all major platforms

Current versions of Debian cannot run this without a recompiled GCC library

Current as in stable/Jessie? Works on testing/Stretch.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Current versions of Debian cannot run this without a recompiled GCC library

Current as in stable/Jessie? Works on testing/Stretch.

Indeed Jessie. I should have been more specific.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

In this case you might just need to update gcc. Compiling it is a pain in the ass, if you ask me.

Hello!

Thank you for the update giga, that was nice of you. It's nice to know Waterfox is progressing.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I still strongly recommend to avoid it. From:

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/4oag2y/waterfox_47_release_june_2016/

• Fixed Netflix playing issues once more. It appears that Netflix compares user agent strings against the ability of that browser version to play EME. I've now set the user agent to pretend that Waterfox is Firefox 38, which seems to have fixed the issue once more

Great choice, now you have a unique fingerprint on the web since nobody is using Firefox 38 in 2017.

• There was very bad weather in London last week and my flat got damaged in the process. Unfortunately a lot of my computer equipment got Water damage, which has delayed the release until now. My Mac is being repaired by Apple (once more), so expect Mac builds to be delayed once again.

Your security and updates are in the hands of a single developer, which is never a good practice when you need constant updates, and with browsers, you really need them.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

appreciate the updates on Waterfox and I do wish the developer success

and giganerd, again, i am so happy you are on linux, i really am

sincerely, splif aka cm0s

Great choice, now you have a unique fingerprint on the web since nobody is using Firefox 38 in 2017.

It only overrides this for amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, netflix.com and chase.com...

general.useragent.override.netflix.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0

As I wrote, these "horrible defaults" can be easily changed.

I generally use x64 FireFox, but thought I'd give WaterFox a try for what it disables.  Unfortunately (on Win10) WaterFox becomes unresponsive if I try open the Addons option.

I'm using Chromium, Tor browser with and without Tor, Waterfox, Firefox ESR and Pale Moon . I've configured the last 3 ones by about:config:to obtain more privacy + add some extensions  .

The browser that I prefer far away is Palemoon , light ,safe,  stable and efficient .

Would be nice if some guys  using the same browser give me their feedfack

I'm using Chromium, Tor browser with and without Tor, Waterfox, Firefox ESR and Pale Moon . I've configured the last 3 ones by about:config:to obtain more privacy + add some extensions  .

The browser that I prefer far away is Palemoon , light ,safe,  stable and efficient .

Would be nice if some guys  using the same browser give me their feedfack

I used Palemoon a lot, now from time to time. The problem is that it's not 100% compatible with many websites and domains, but I love it. Most of the time I only use Tor Browser and when I need to do some things that it's impossible with Tor Browser then I use Firefox and Palemoon with some changes. I also tried Waterfox before but not now. And of course I never use my real IP in my PC: I deny all connections with gufw in GNU/Linux and then I use Eddie with network lock enabled (it starts the new firewall rules) and connect with some AirVPN servers, then to Tor Browser.

wanted to give it a try on linux mint 18.2 - managed to install it, it opened after installation, but after closing it i realized that it doesn't show up in my start menu. now i don't know how to run (let alone uninstall) it. :-(

There is no Debian package for Waterfox yet. The way you "install" it is to unpack the tar and create some links to waterfox-bin, for example, in /usr/local/bin.

There is no Debian package for Waterfox yet. The way you "install" it is to unpack the tar and create some links to waterfox-bin, for example, in /usr/local/bin.

ok i somehoe got it now. the waterfox.bin, when i firts launched it, started an istallation routine, which e.g. allowed me to import my firefox prifile. when i run that now from terminal, i get error messages, but the application starts nevertheless. guess i can live with that.

have a look at :

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/6xfcoc/waterfox_and_waterfoxkde_are_now_on_new_ppa_apt/

https://bintray.com/hawkeye116477/waterfox-deb/waterfox/55.2.0

worked for me