Not connected, Your IP: 54.81.157.133
PortlyNinja

One PC gets full speeds whilst the other doesn't.

Hi i read this thread in the hope it had a solution for me but the solution on that thread is not my issue it would seem. My desktop pc runs comodo and airvpn using the airvpn guide to prevent leaks.I have absolutely no issues on my desktop pc. My laptop has the same operating system and firewall setup but i can only get a quarter of my download speed, but i can get all my upload speed. I tried the suggestion to uninstall the new taps adapter and install the older version. I completely uninstalled air and the taps adapter with revo uninstaller,i blocked the driver update for taps in the air client  and then installed airs client again and installed the taps adapter.No change in speed,still slow. If i connect  the pc with air and the firewall disconnected i get max speed.With the firewall off and the air client on i get slow speeds. I don't know if anyone has a suggestion that may help. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edit the thread i read was https://airvpn.org/topic/14905-slow-steam-download-speeds/page-2

Edit: Just trying to write my problem a bit more clearly.Its embarrassing how poor my grammar is.

You read what thread you didn't really specify? Also I may be a bit slow here but isn't comodo an AV/firewall? I could be wrong on that but to help further I'd need to know that.

What speed are you getting and what is the CPU of the laptop?

Also if he says the speed is normal with the firewall off I wouldn't think the CPU is slowing him down but again that depends on my first question whether comodo is a firewall

I just got fiber and  my speeds are 70Mbps download and 20Mbps upload but i am getting 20Mbps download and 15-20Mbps upload.

Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    AMD K140
    40nm Technology

I will see if i can find a driver update for my wireless card also i will try a linux live cd to see if its a problem on there too but i suspect not

Since Comodo is third party software then go558a83nk might've been on to something, although I don't know much about AMD since I am not much of a fan of theirs however as you said it goes just fine without the firewall on your CPU is consuming power on Comodo running and also scanning all the traffic going through and since AirVPN is encrypted traffic it's rather heavy try switching to windows firewall instead.

if i turn the firewall off but leave air on i get slow speeds, i only get good speeds when i disable air.Sorry if i didn't explain it well

You read what thread you didn't really specify? Also I may be a bit slow here but isn't comodo an AV/firewall? I could be wrong on that but to help further I'd need to know that.

Also if he says the speed is normal with the firewall off I wouldn't think the CPU is slowing him down but again that depends on my first question whether comodo is a firewall

re-read what he wrote.  firewall off, AirVPN connected, speed slow.  So, that just proves it's not the firewall that's at fault.

from what I can tell that CPU is probably an "ultra-mobile", very low power usage, but may not have enough horsepower to run openvpn faster than the above.  some are even single core so that would definitely create a bottleneck.

re-read what he wrote.  firewall off, AirVPN connected, speed slow.  So, that just proves it's not the firewall that's at fault.

from what I can tell that CPU is probably an "ultra-mobile", very low power usage, but may not have enough horsepower to run openvpn faster than the above.  some are even single core so that would definitely create a bottleneck.

if i turn the firewall off but leave air on i get slow speeds, i only get good speeds when i disable air.Sorry if i didn't explain it well

Well in that case I completely misunderstood it all.

I can get about 50Mbps with the vpn off though.Its quite frustrating, I think i will boot up a live linux disc and see if i get the same problem. If i don't then back to scratching my head. I will try it now and let you know how it gets on. Thanks

I can get about 50Mbps with the vpn off though.Its quite frustrating, I think i will boot up a live linux disc and see if i get the same problem. If i don't then back to scratching my head. I will try it now and let you know how it gets on. Thanks

the VPN is heavily encrypted it is likely that your laptop can't handle it, but that feels off given that your upload is normal but if your desktop works your router is not at fault. Hmm have you tried setting buffer sizes? that fixed a few speed issues on my end.

the VPN is heavily encrypted it is likely that your laptop can't handle it, but that feels off given that your upload is normal but if your desktop works your router is not at fault. Hmm have you tried setting buffer sizes? that fixed a few speed issues on my end.

if the cpu in the laptop can only do 20mbit/s then it'll do that uploading or downloading.  it just so happens that upload speed limits by ISP are usually lower than the CPU bottleneck. 

if the cpu in the laptop can only do 20mbit/s then it'll do that uploading or downloading.  it just so happens that upload speed limits by ISP are usually lower than the CPU bottleneck. 

Yeah I kinda thought of that after posting but got distracted and didn't get around to editing my post

I installed ubuntu on the same laptop as a dual boot and get full speed with vpn connected so its not the cpu. I may just reinstall windows and see if it works unless anyone knows of anything else i can try.I've spent more time learning how to fix windows 8.1 than i ever intended to. . So its not the Air client,not the firewall and its not the cpu.Not sure what else to try.Its not the router either as i have tried a few different ones and ubuntu is using the wireless with vpn on and thats ok.The trusty kick hasn't worked either so a reinstall i think.

I installed ubuntu on the same laptop as a dual boot and get full speed with vpn connected so its not the cpu. I may just reinstall windows and see if it works unless anyone knows of anything else i can try.I've spent more time learning how to fix windows 8.1 than i ever intended to. . So its not the Air client,not the firewall and its not the cpu.Not sure what else to try.Its not the router either as i have tried a few different ones and ubuntu is using the wireless with vpn on and thats ok.The trusty kick hasn't worked either so a reinstall i think.

maybe it's the send and receive buffer settings in the advanced settings of Eddie?