Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.35.75
LZ1

Are There Official Plans For AirVPNs Future Features?

Hello !

I was wondering if AirVPN has plans to implement other features and if these features will be announced ahead of time.

For instance, maybe there was a feature from a different VPN which the Air Staff thought was cool and useful and so they're

planning on implementing it in the future. I've seen posts about multi-hop VPNs; is this even useful? I know Air does some kind of

extra DDNS hop or something, but I don't know if that's really the same. Likewise, Viking VPN writes

"Viking VPN generates false traffic constantly, in order to ensure your anonymity." Which sounds appealing at a glance, but I doubt

its usefulness.

Anyway, I just got curious about any possible plans Air has. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just think Air is so technically strong that I can

imagine the Staff sitting around looking up other technologies which could be useful .

Thank you.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Try to avoid buzzwords. Many providers wrap the same thing around lots of fluff.

Multi-hop is already supported (3 connections per account) and you are free to set

it up the way you want to. Any other multi-hop configuration that other providers

advertize is simply useless, since they all tell you to use the same entry and exit points.

If there is a real feature you would like to see, please post a comment.

Technically I don't see anything that is not yet implemented, and can increase your

privacy on a real level, except the marketing words.

Regards

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I think what he actually meant more was for multihop to have the client Eddie support it.

Try to avoid buzzwords. Many providers wrap the same thing around lots of fluff.

Multi-hop is already supported (3 connections per account) and you are free to set

it up the way you want to. Any other multi-hop configuration that other providers

advertize is simply useless, since they all tell you to use the same entry and exit points.

Technically I don't see anything that is not yet implemented, and can increase your

Regards

Mm, I saw others say multi-hop as in through more servers than 1. I of course doubt its usefulness.

It was just my attempt at an example of a technology which Air might be considering.

I'd love it if Air released their own Android app lol.

Thank you.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

"Viking VPN generates false traffic constantly,

try to avoid buzzwords

I have never looked at Viking's setup so I am simply quoting the post(s) above this one.  If there was a buzzword/phrase for that feature it would be "circuit padding", which I would personally love to see implemented.  I asked about this in another thread and never saw anything come back from Air.

Certainly not everyone would want or need such a feature.  I would pay extra to compensate for the bandwidth on one of several servers in each of the large datacenters in each country (e.g. - two in Canada, two in NL, two in US, etc..).  Properly implemented its a nice counter surveillance measure from my perspective.

Regards

Mm, I saw others say multi-hop as in through more servers than 1. I of course doubt its usefulness.

It was just my attempt at an example of a technology which Air might be considering.

Thank you.

An AirVPN iOS app would be nice too. All the OVPN files seem to be slowing down my phone by a lot.

Regards

Thank you.

An AirVPN iOS app would be nice too. All the OVPN files seem to be slowing down my phone by a lot.

the OVPN files have configured to use high encryption, which is handled by the CPU which determines the speed of performance of your phone.

Regards

Thank you.

the OVPN files have configured to use high encryption, which is handled by the CPU which determines the speed of performance of your phone.

I have the iPhone 6, I would expect it to be faster even with the OVPN file

Hmm well I don't really know the specs of the iPhone 6, my Android S5 seems to work quite well without no slowing down(except the loading of websites but that doesn't really count)

Sadly all Iphones have Rather weak Hardware.

just the system and apps get HIGHLY optimized to that hardware same like consoles can play AAA titles of today with 5-8 year old hardware....

yet i dont think that you can Optimize OVPN for Iphones because... there isnt much you could optimize.

only apple can probably optimize their cpus for that.,

as i mentioned before ( post still need mod allowance ) 

the iphones 6 got only a dual core... 2x1,39GHZ

While most androids have 8 cores or atleast 4 cores at 2,3ghz +

That will hurt extremely the performance while using high security VPN on iphones....

Most androids already have 8 cores.... ( but by far not that good Optimized as apple products )

a APP from air vpn wont change much i think. because they still use the same encryption and stuff.

only thing that could help you i guess would be a weaker encryption.