Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.92.194
Sign in to follow this  
bendee

I clicked a phishing link ....doh!

Hi all,

I got a phishing email from a friend's hacked email. I stupidly clicked the link and it took me to a Dropbox page. I was half asleep and signed in. I know, I know.....after years of telling people not to click stuff there I was clicking like an idiot.

I had my VPN on AND I was in a Chrome incognito page......would the phisherman have seen me type anything?

I'm assuming not but thought I'd check.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I got a phishing email from a friend's hacked email. I stupidly clicked the link and it took me to a Dropbox page. I was half asleep and signed in. I know, I know.....after years of telling people not to click stuff there I was clicking like an idiot.

I had my VPN on AND I was in a Chrome incognito page......would the phisherman have seen me type anything?

I'm assuming not but thought I'd check.

Cheers.

if you signed in with actual user and pass yeah they would have it but there wouldn't be any traces of it after you closed the page on your system that is.

Absolute no brainer while you think and investigate is to CHANGE any and all credentials that you entered during that time.  No exceptions.

Even if you are connected to a VPN, phishing pages can still get your login info, that is, if you type it in.

I recommend you change your password for Dropbox immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk