Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.84.196

I have been using AirVPN for over a month without any problems. Now, suddenly, when I sign in and try to connect to any server, I get a message saying that AirVPN "can't communicate with TOR blah blah blah is TOR up and running? (see log file below)" Yes it was up and runinng. I am on Windows 7 and using the latest TOR brower bundle. Nothing changed since yesterday when I last successfully used AirVPN. No updates to TOR were installed. No updates to AirVPN were installed, No changes were made to the AirVPN or TOR settings (in AirVPN in protocols the TOR option is checked with Host=127.0.0.1; Port=9150; control Port=9151, again, I have made no changes to these), No updates to Windows were installed.

I've tried everything. An old thread referenced the instructions for using AirVPN with TOR, but all it said was that AirVPN will work with the Troy Browser bundle. I tried closing and restarting TOR, I tried closing and restating AirVPN, I tried restarting my computer. Finally I tried re-installing TOR. No luck.

Here is a copy of the log file:

! 2016.04.20 09:55:18 - Connecting to Cephei (Canada, Toronto, Ontario)

. 2016.04.20 09:55:18 - TOR Control authentication method: Cookie, from I:\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\control_auth_cookie

W 2016.04.20 09:55:18 - Unable to communicate with TOR (Unable to find IP address of TOR first node of an established circuit.). Is TOR up and running?

I 2016.04.20 09:55:18 - Checking authorization ...

! 2016.04.20 09:55:20 - Connecting to Cephei (Canada, Toronto, Ontario)

. 2016.04.20 09:55:20 - TOR Control authentication method: Cookie, from I:\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\control_auth_cookie

W 2016.04.20 09:55:20 - Unable to communicate with TOR (Unable to find IP address of TOR first node of an established circuit.). Is TOR up and running?

I 2016.04.20 09:55:21 - Checking authorization ...

! 2016.04.20 09:55:22 - Connecting to Cephei (Canada, Toronto, Ontario)

. 2016.04.20 09:55:22 - TOR Control authentication method: Cookie, from I:\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\control_auth_cookie

W 2016.04.20 09:55:22 - Unable to communicate with TOR (Unable to find IP address of TOR first node of an established circuit.). Is TOR up and running?

etc. etc. if just keeps repeating this.

I looked in the browser bundle file and the cookie it is looking for is there.

Do how do I fix this?

Okay, so make sure of this first:

Go into the preferences in the Tor Browser, go to advanced, and find the network connection settings.  Take Note of the SOCKS Host IP and Port number.  Go into Eddie and make sure that the the IP and Port number are configured correctly in Eddie.  These things shouldn't change, but if for some reason eddie is trying to talk on a different port than Tor, that would be a simple problem to fix.

If that doesn't work, delete the cookie and start over.  Even if you have to re-install the browser bundle and re-establish the cookie from scratch, that's easier and faster troubleshooting.

The socks host and the port were the same as those set up in AirVPN. I did not have to change anything.

However...I tried connecting to a server again while I had AirVPN up, and this time it worked - even though I had not changed anything. The only thing that happened between this morning's (6 or 7) failed attempts and now is that my machine crashed while doing something else. Go figure.

Yes AirVPN and the Tor settings don't work anymore since about march this year. The Tor test in settings gives the error "Unable to communicate with TOR (Unable to find your TOR path.)" and if you don't bother with the test and set it anyway when you try to connect it goes round and round trying to connect and failing. I am just using the tor bundle and airVPN, no whonix etc.

Yes AirVPN and the Tor settings don't work anymore since about march this year. The Tor test in settings gives the error "Unable to communicate with TOR (Unable to find your TOR path.)" and if you don't bother with the test and set it anyway when you try to connect it goes round and round trying to connect and failing. I am just using the tor bundle and airVPN, no whonix etc.

Hello,

is this issue occurring with with Tor Browser 6? Can you test Eddie 2.11beta? It should have been resolved.

Kind regards

i am having same problem unable to use tor in airVPN client. Also, my version is 2.10 but the changelog shows latest version is 2.11. Maybe OS X version not yet updated. The download installer is the same. 

Need to fix this. How can we get TOR working again? 

i am having same problem unable to use tor in airVPN client. Also, my version is 2.10 but the changelog shows latest version is 2.11. Maybe OS X version not yet updated. The download installer is the same. 

Need to fix this. How can we get TOR working again? 

Thanks, investigation in progress in OS X. We count to have OpenVPN over Tor again working when we release the stable 2.11 version.

Kind regards