Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.186.170
LZ1

Ipleak & AirVPN Website Showing Different Servers?

Hello !

On ipleak it says I'm connected to server A, while this site shows I'm connected to server B.

Why is this? Which one is correct? I am on mobile at the moment, so I don't have the Eddie server list available to choose from. I'm only running one device. None other are connected to my account.

Thankyou!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

That is a rather odd issue, if you are using DNS resolving for finding the server to be on even tho I see no reason for this to cause the issue as it reads your exit IP.. Maybe they put the wrong IP into the Ipleak database by accident?

That is a rather odd issue, if you are using DNS resolving for finding the server to be on even tho I see no reason for this to cause the issue as it reads your exit IP.. Maybe they put the wrong IP into the Ipleak database by accident?

I'm running pretty much default settings on the OpenVPN for Android app. Isn't that enough? The problem seems to have fixed itself with a restart. But it seems odd that ipleak listed Finland, but showed the organisation to be Swedish and in Sweden. I keep having issues with the VPN app though. Connections keep hanging and so I get "waiting for reply from server" and stuff in the logs like "write UDP []: Operation not permitted (code=1)"

Thanks though!

Sent with TBs of Datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

What was the server in question?

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the names. It was a Finnish server on ipleak and a Swedish one I think, on AirVPNs site. But on Ipleak, the organisation tab showed a Swedish company (the same one which gets showed when using a Swedish server) and the little map made it look like I was connected to a Swedish server. Both IP and DNS showed Finland, on ipleak.

But as I said, the problem has gone away it seems, after restarting the VPN. I did refresh the pages too before doing so and nothing changed, if that matters. I just thought this was odd.

Sent with TBs of Datalove