Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.248.24

Hey guys, I've been searching this for a couple of hours now and I've also checked the forum quite thoroughly for the answer to my problem but it sems no one else has this problem. Just in case, apologies if the question's being repeated.

So I've been using TorGuard in conjunction with TorBrowser for some time now but I want to be able to access restricted sites with my TorBrowser and after some research, I found that so far, 2 of the best VPNs that can work together with TorBrowser to still use Tor but use the VPN service as the exit node are AirVPN and BolehVPN. I chose AirVPN and it seemed simple to do on the page https://airvpn.org/tor/

Heres the problem. When I start up AirVPN first then the TorBrowser and navigate to ipleak.net, it shows the TorBrowser IP address as the end node and the Tor Exit Node is green and the AirVPN Exit Node is red. AirVPNs method seems so simple and straight-forward which is why it confuses me how this isnt working. For it to work, I should be seeing the Public Exit IP from AirVPN on ipleak.net as my IP address and the AirVPN Exit Node should be green.

Thanks for any help.

Hello, you are confusing the way Tor Browser works.

You will always have a Tor Exit IP address when using it, no matter which VPN provider you are connected to,

and no matter if you are connected to a VPN at all.

To be able to visit most restricted sites, it is enough to use AirVPN alone.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.