Not connected, Your IP: 44.202.183.118
themangoman

ANSWERED User agent falsification recommendations for Google chrome

Hello I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations when it comes to  the falsification of the user agent string in chrome my primary browser I would like to falsify my user agent while using the VPN for added anonymity however I have not come across any proper user agent falsifies in chrome that falsify the screen resolution as well as the browser type

Please note I am disabled and use speech recognition software which is not always 100% accurate so I do apologise for any spelling or grammar issues or anything that doesn't make sense feel free to ask for clarification Kind regards Paul

In terms of anonymity, it is better if you use the most common user-agent as possible, without any modifications.

Chrome on Windows is probably the most popular user-agent today - generally speaking. Specific websites might

have a different statistics based on the target community.

Your anonymity is 90% achieved by how you behave and compartmentalize your work online, not your user-agent.

This is why I would not recommend changing something that is already very common.

Same approach is used by the Tor Browser which is considered very privacy oriented. The user agent there is always

the ESR version of Firefox, masked as Windows 7 (on all platforms).

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you very much for answering my question really appreciate it kind regards Paul

Quick follow-up question what about obscuring my screen resolution information for example I use screen resolution which is not 1080p it is a slightly less common 2540x1440