Not connected, Your IP: 44.206.227.65

​Hello,

​I was wondering if it were possible to have a proxied VPN connection with AirVPN. (I'm not talking about running something like TOR through a VPN) I know of another VPN (which I won't name) that offers one and I found it very useful, that way I can set which applications will and will not use the VPN.  It's also another way to prevent torrent applications from running if there is no VPN access; you can bind to MAC address and set up to run through a socks5 proxy.  There is a specific reason why I need it, MS Office 365 doesn't seem to be able to connect through a VPN connection but runs fine with it off.

You can achieve such setup if you choose to use SSH tunnel without pulling routes.

The outcome will be that you will be able to select and route specific applications via

your local SOCKS5 socket which is actually forwarded to the SSH tunnel.

But note that on Windows, there is something called system-wide proxy, which is

configured in the Tools->Internet Options->Connections tab->Lan Settings menu.

So unless you use Firefox, Most browsers (Chrome/IE) will use that global setting,

so that might not solve your MS Office 365 issue, but should work for other apps.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Really?   I have used sosck5 proxy n the past with a VPN provided by my seedbox.  Also, I use Firefox, well, Cyberfox.  How can I use a socks 5 proxy with AirVPN?  What exit node does it use?

Thx!

You can achieve such setup if you choose to use SSH tunnel without pulling routes.

The outcome will be that you will be able to select and route specific applications via

your local SOCKS5 socket which is actually forwarded to the SSH tunnel.

But note that on Windows, there is something called system-wide proxy, which is

configured in the Tools->Internet Options->Connections tab->Lan Settings menu.

So unless you use Firefox, Most browsers (Chrome/IE) will use that global setting,

so that might not solve your MS Office 365 issue, but should work for other apps.

Any Air exit server you choose from the config generator page - all servers support it.

You will have to add the "route-nopull" directive to your config file, and then setup

the SSH tunnel with Putty or Plink. After that just point your application to the socks5 port.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

​That's what I don't understand; if the config generator produces ovpn files then why would kitty/putty, or any ssh client for that matter, need to be involved?  How?  Wouldn't the configuration within the app (FF) itself be enough if openvpn is running?

​Also, neither Edie nor manually editing an ovpn file seem to like the "route-nopull" command; when I add it to either I get an inability to connect  when the DNS is checked, after the ARP interface is flushed.  This goes away id the command is removed.