Not connected, Your IP: 52.23.201.145
diku

Hiding your light under a bushel

This is the first VPN that I've managed to install and get working SEAMLESSLY on Linux.

I've tried HMA, PIA ExpressVPN and they are all rubbish for Linux.

This looks promising.

Congratulations all round

Totally agree, which is something I have found to be odd. I would have expected VPN providers to have a natural affinity with an OS like linux (for want of a better expression) but they simply don't.

Hats off to AIR

Totally agree, which is something I have found to be odd. I would have expected VPN providers to have a natural affinity with an OS like linux (for want of a better expression) but they simply don't.

Hats off to AIR

It's probably the same reason a project like SoftEther hasn't developed a simple GUI for Linux even though it often (usually?) runs on Linux servers. There's not a large market for it and the assumption is made that if you use Linux you should be happy to deal with things at the command line level. Sure, I CAN deal with software at the command line level, but sometimes I don't want to and it's not always convenient. I'm a teacher and dabble in Linux for the fun of it. Also, if you offer the software, you have to support it = time + $$. That's probably the biggest drawback even thought they could probably create a pretty GUI with very little extra effort. Add into the mix the fact that there are quite a few flavors of Linux floating around and even supporting the main flavors - Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora, Mint, etc - is plenty of work. I'll go ahead and say thanks to AirVPN for the extra effort!