Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.204.14
josper

Network Lock : keep my own Windows Firewall rules

Hello.

I recently purchased subscription to AirVPN services, and thanks to the documentation and the forum, I’ve managed to get the Eddie client (version 2.10.3) running quite well on my Windows 8.1 x64 laptop.

My only problem is with the Network Lock function.

I always use Network Lock.

My one and only firewall is the embedded Windows Firewall.

But it appears that Network Lock replace my firewall rules, even if they’re saved and ready to be set back if the Network Lock function is stopped. It is said that this replacement is done « beyond the scene », so that the rules don't seem changed when they actually are.

So what if I have firewall rules that I need/want to keep active everytime I connect to the internet ?

Could it be possible to merge the Network Lock firewall rules with my own firewall rules ?

Great hope that there is a solution.

Export all your current rules to a netsh advfirewall format.

Create a batch file with all the rules you want to have after the VPN connection is up or down.

Then go the Advanced > Events tab and point to your batch file to run after the VPN is up or down.

This is a very flexible interface to do almost any task you want.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hi zhang888 and thank you for your input

Following your advice, I’m just back from the appropriate technet page

I cannot find a way to merge different sets of rules using netsh advfirewall

So I need to create the batch with a perticular set of rules merging my rules and Eddie’s.

But since Eddie replace my rules by hidden specific rules, how can I achieve that ?

The question is : what are the rules Eddies injects into the Windows Firewall ?

Any help would be welcome

Export all your current rules to a netsh advfirewall format.

Create a batch file with all the rules you want to have after the VPN connection is up or down.

Then go the Advanced > Events tab and point to your batch file to run after the VPN is up or down.

This is a very flexible interface to do almost any task you want.

Thank you for this. However, can you please give me a little more information? Ultimately, I want to be able to have the same firewall ruleset that I do when network lock is disabled as I do when it is enabled, with the notable exception of having to block all not through (tap address).  Is this possible with Windows firewall?

Thanks.

Hi

thank you zhang888

I've already found the page you link to, and I’m learning...

So it’ possible to add or modify rules

This reference topic may be helpful too : https://airvpn.org/topic/3405-windows-comodo-prevent-leaks/?hl=comodo

I will try the command you are providing as soon as possible

After some reading, it appears that the rules set by the AirVPN client must be actually readable. (My mistake : in the post linked in my first post, it seems that the rules are hidden on Mac OS systems only)

Kind regards