Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.212.253
Staff

Two new 1 Gbit/s servers available (US)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that two new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Newark, NJ (US) are available: Miaplacidus and Rasalas.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Miaplacidus and Rasalas support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

The geolocation for Miaplacidus is in New York City and Rasalas geolocates to Phoenix, Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Miaplacidus, the MaxMind geolocation is finally correct, and located to the New York location

of Nobis DC.

So to whoever this was important to, now Air has another East-Coast server that has a correct U.S. state geo.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

On Miaplacidus, the MaxMind geolocation is finally correct, and located to the New York location

of Nobis DC.

So to whoever this was important to, now Air has another East-Coast server that has a correct U.S. state geo.

It is good that it is geolocated to New York, but still, it is in Newark, NJ

of Nobis DC.

I guess they thought it was close enough.

of Nobis DC.

I guess they thought it was close enough.

Yeah. Only about 15-20 miles away.

Hello !

How are the names for the servers picked?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello !

I believe they name the servers after stars.

Hello !

I believe they name the servers after stars.

Oh that's interesting !

I would love if they geeked out a bit more, with names like

Neo

SHA1

HMAC

AES

Haha.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

One of the UK servers is called Bellatrix. Isn't this that witch from Harry Potter ? I think  it's not a star in this case...

One of the UK servers is called Bellatrix. Isn't this that witch from Harry Potter ? I think  it's not a star in this case...

I mentioned that on that servers announcement thread. However, Hammerman is correct, it's actually a star. Just a funny coincidence I suppose. 

Well in that case, AirVPN owes us a server called Hogwarts.

Then at least some of us might finally be able to attend!

The marketing people would have a field day as well:

AirVPN - the air to breathe the real internet The Only VPN With Enough DNS Servers At Hogwarts To Bypass That Magical Geoblocking Dem Wizards Got

Usage would spike.

Yes, they name their our Servers after Stars and is unrelated to Harry Potter.

PS. The character Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter was probably chosen because it has a nice phonetic sound and  the name Bellatrix is Latin for "female warrior".