Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.226.30
Silverwasp90

Netflix & what server to use

Hi, 

I am really new to this whole VPN thing. I am trying to watch US Netflix, this is the only reason that I can see why I would use it. I cannot figure out how to get on the US version without being detected. Does anyone know of any way how to get past this? 

I would really appreciate all the help I can get with this, as I know virtually nothing about these things.

Thanks

If you had bothered to search the forums here or anything on the internet regarding Netflix you would know that the same questions are being asked. All you need to say to be part of it is 'add me to the list' then you will be a fully fledged member of the Netflix Pissed Off Society.

Air are well aware of this problem and if there is a way around it they are the only ones who will be able to overcome it IMHO. So visit the forum and search rather than ask questions already asked.

oh I'm sorry did I not make myself clear when I said that I was NEW to this whole thing!! I was just wondering if there was something that I wasn't doing as I am NEW to this!

Way to make someone feel welcome

I was new once, I searched first before asking a thing. It all depends on what you are asking, like I said, search first and if you had either before or since you would be aware this is not worth a new thread???????????

Hello !

Welcome To AirVPN and its Community !!!

That's better, isn't it? Haha.

I know it's not easy being new. As MeAndroid pointed out, you should always try to clear up your own problem before

bringing it to the community. HOWEVER, I know it's quite overwhelming when you're new to all this techy stuff .

I presume you've read the front-page and have thus seen why a VPN is useful (privacy/security).

However to your point, have you tried changing your server to a us server or some such? . You might also want to enable

"Network Lock", as it'll help ensure that all your computer "traffic" goes through AirVPN, as you might otherwise suffer from

"leaks" of various kinds. Such as DNS leaks; hence why you might get detected, as you said. Do note however, that Netflix

has been doubling down on blocking things like VPNs from using their service and that's why, even IF there's no leaks, it

*can* be a little more troublesome getting access to what you want to access. This is just a daily sort of struggle, but rest

assured, AirVPN staff are VERY competent and work very hard to ensure things go smoothly . Lastly, you can

try to go into your AirVPN client, called Eddie, and go to the "logs" tab and copy/paste it all into a forum post. Just

remember to attach spoilers; see my signature for how to do so. It might not solve your problem, but it might

help us help you . Oh and whenever you try a new VPN server, check out this site to see if the IP addresses

match up:

https://ipleak.net/

So if for example you're on a French server and the IP address is 13.145.535.256 or whatever, then that ipleak site

should be showing you that address, as that address should be what you're "showing" the world, instead of showing

your real IP address.

I hope this helps.

(I'm not an AirVPN rep by the way).

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I had vpn running on my router. Netflix was blocked. I installed the VPN clients behind the router on my devices and access is uninterrupted now. I can verify for Android tablet and phone. I will check my computer later. I'm assuming it will work as well