Not connected, Your IP: 54.198.157.15
LZ1

Transmission Client Now Available For Windows

Hello !

So Transmission is finally available on Windows, after having been mainly *nix based. I think that's good news in general, as it means more options.

Here you go.

https://torrentfreak.com/transmission-releases-long-awaited-bittorrent-client-for-windows-160327/

With a link to the download here, from the above article:

https://download.transmissionbt.com/files/

Will anyone of you be checking it out on Windows?

(If it's the wrong sub-forum, I apologize)

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

What does Transmission do what qBittorrent does not? And vice versa? Anyone care to sum it up?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Transmission will allow you to be infected with Ransomware if you are brave enough.

Just exactly the thing we missed so much for Windows

If you want protocol and code-clean software based on libTorrent, you should keep

sticking to qBittorrent instead.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

qBittorrent forever. Transmission can stay the heck away from my system. Thanks though.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

I download faster with Transmission in Linux than with qBittorrent, the difference could be 6-7 MB (Transmission) against 1-2 MB (qBittorrent).

Transmission is opensource and it works very well. It was infected only in OSX (now fixed), why are you against this great program?...

I download faster with Transmission in Linux than with qBittorrent, the difference could be 6-7 MB (Transmission) against 1-2 MB (qBittorrent).

Transmission is opensource and it works very well. It was infected only in OSX (now fixed), why are you against this great program?...

You choose your programs and I choose mine. That is as specific as I will get here.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

I would also disagree with this statement.

Been using qBittorrent for at least a few years already and never had any issues.

In fact, just finished downloading a particular torrent with it on over 8MB/sec with Air, on *nix as well.

Still seeding it at 5-6MB rates.

You have to do real scientific tests if you want to come with such statements, which nobody is ever

against especially in the Off-Topic section, just back them up with real numbers

What you have to do is seed your own torrent, from your LAN network, previouslly generating a random

10GB data with /dev/urandom (to prevent caching and other client optimizations) and then seeding it

to yourself from LAN while no other devices can interfere with this test. I actually did it and saw no

difference at the speeds of 100-200Mbit that can make a single client "better" than another. However,

the development of qBittorrent is more transparent and is based on a more mature and well known

code-base (libTorrent) so I would definitely recommend using it. Among other features that most power

users will find very unique and helpful in this client, such as, sequential downloading.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you both.

I was only posting what I found after installing qbittorrent for the first time, after reading some recent posts.

And the fact in my case is: I ALWAYS download some torrents from the same website at 5-6 (sometimes even 7) MB.

Of course I love free software and after reading here about qbittorrent I wanted to use it, so I installed it and from the same website the maximum speed I got was 1,5 MB downloading.

After finishing these downloads, I tried again as before in the same conditions without disconnecting (server, website...) using Transmission and again 6-7 MB... So?, I don't pretend you believe me but that's my experience, and it's a pity because qbittorrent is a great program and I like it, but I suffer in speed with it.

I only connect with Airvpn (tun0) and Eddie with network lock, blocking all the other connections when I leave Eddie with ufw. I never connect with my real ip. And I followed how to configure qbittorrent from this forum. I will do more tests.