Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.109.211
windymillertime

Netflix issue? Logged in in Germany / UK and getting USA titles?

Hi guys,

Noob here, so sorry if this has an obvious answer.

So I am trying to use netflix from other servers, and rather than getting "blocked", I appear to just be getting re-routed to the USA netflix site and the titles are streaming fine. This is despite my DNS and IP appearing in the UK and Germany respectively when connected. 

I have also tried blocking off all other countries in the client as I thought it was possible that the AIRVPN software was automatically doing this due to certain regions being blocked, but alas, netflix is still stuck in the USA.

Is this happening for anyone else, or can anyone give me a reason for this? 

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Noob here, so sorry if this has an obvious answer.

So I am trying to use netflix from other servers, and rather than getting "blocked", I appear to just be getting re-routed to the USA netflix site and the titles are streaming fine. This is despite my DNS and IP appearing in the UK and Germany respectively when connected. 

I have also tried blocking off all other countries in the client as I thought it was possible that the AIRVPN software was automatically doing this due to certain regions being blocked, but alas, netflix is still stuck in the USA.

Is this happening for anyone else, or can anyone give me a reason for this? 

Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, that's correct, please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix/

As you can see, DE and UK servers are "micro-routed" to USA (for what pertains to Netflix). This decision has been made because Netflix DE and UK are not accessible from our DE and UK VPN servers.

Kind regards

"As you can see, DE and UK servers are "micro-routed" to USA (for what pertains to Netflix). This decision has been made because Netflix DE and UK are not accessible from our DE and UK VPN servers."

I wonder if this is causing the problem I'm having. I can get into Netflix ok, browse the catalogue fine and select any title to play, unfortunately this is as far as I get... most of the time (sometimes rarely the content starts playing). Until now there were no error messages from the site, I'd only get the ubiquitous loading circle trying to hypnotise me but just after reading this and getting an email asking me to verify NJ sign-in, I get a popup saying the connection is having trouble/slow etc.

The connection speed is good, so I'm wondering if the micro-routed extra steps actually mean Netflix serving up the content is (or can be) badly effected, even though my direct access to the internet via the vpn is all good?

Any help would be appreciated.

Update.

Yesterday 31.05 proved more successful, I imagine since it was working better then before (i.e the videos actually playing), I presume it's related to the performance of one of the nodes in the micro-routing.

So will there be any USA server in the future (as I tried all of them) where I can access the USA netflix?

So will there be any USA server in the future (as I tried all of them) where I can access the USA netflix?

Hello!

I think that's hard to say, since Netflix actively tries to block VPNs. It's not just a matter of using a us server anymore sadly. I think Netflix support has been put on ice, sort of, since it's so patchy. Have you tried Netherlands servers?

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

up until mid August or so NL servers still worked - all others were denied.

however, for me, not even those work any longer.

I wonder whether airvpn staff keep following the matter or whether the issue has been put on ice or down for good?! it'd be just good to know if one could hope for another solution somewhere down the road...

up until mid August or so NL servers still worked - all others were denied.

however, for me, not even those work any longer.

I wonder whether airvpn staff keep following the matter or whether the issue has been put on ice or down for good?! it'd be just good to know if one could hope for another solution somewhere down the road...

Well as with anything, they do follow. It's just that they don't say much if they have nothing real to add. That's my guess anyway. When it comes to Netflix, it's quite out of Airs control, as Netflix has been blocking VPNs for some time now. Ideally of course, we'd have access easily, but it's hard to accomplish. If you search a bit, or check my guide in the blocked sites sub-forum, you'll see that Air Staff have commented on this issue many times already .

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.