Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249
User of AirVPN

Suggestion for New Server Location (United States)

Hi, I have a suggestion for a possible location for new servers in the United States.

I think that AirVPN should add:

At least one server in Virginia

At least two servers in Arizona

At least one server in Washington, D.C

At least one server in Seattle

If some (or all) of these servers were added, U.S. customers would have a much broader range of locations and it would be great!

(Please note that AirVPN does not have to do any of these things, this is just a suggestion, not a demand )

I will just add that it is extremely hard to find datacenters in U.S. that will be "compatible"

with Air's mission. This includes allowing all traffic, including P2P, without redirecting high

ports to another location and without getting that server shut down for some "abuse" mail

because someone used the service to harrass somebody on an online community/social network.

For Seattle I can recommend Versaweb, few other VPN providers seem to use them too.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

There were several in Virginia and one in Arizona some time ago, but they were shutdown as they didn't meet all of Air's criteria. As Zhang pointed out, not a lot in the U.S. willing or able to meet all of those conditions.

I will just add that it is extremely hard to find datacenters in U.S. that will be "compatible"

with Air's mission. This includes allowing all traffic, including P2P, without redirecting high

ports to another location and without getting that server shut down for some "abuse" mail

because someone used the service to harrass somebody on an online community/social network.

For Seattle I can recommend Versaweb, few other VPN providers seem to use them too.

Yeah, I heard something about there being a server in Virginia in the past, but because of the datacenter admins not properly handling abuse complaints, Air shut down the server.

Yeah, I heard something about there being a server in Virginia in the past, but because of the datacenter admins not properly handling abuse complaints, Air shut down the server.

If you really mean Virginia, I think you refer to LeaseWeb. Air shut down all six servers in LeaseWeb USA datacenters.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

If you really mean Virginia, I think you refer to LeaseWeb. Air shut down all six servers in LeaseWeb USA datacenters.
Oh, why did they do that?

It was because of P2P, wasn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, why did they do that?

It was because of P2P, wasn't it?

It's an assumption, but most likely because of people using them for downloading copyrighted content via P2P, yes.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.