Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.229.253
mrfish

Paranoia or coincidence?

I had enough.  I was trying to download BBC Newsnight and I was getting 21KB/s so I had a chat with Express VPN to make sure I could download BBC iplayer and only take out a month's subscription without being locked in for a longer period of time.  I disconnected from Air and then thought I had better reconnect and pay for Express via a UK server or they will make me use paypal as I am in Vietnam.  As soon as I hooked up my speed jumped to 657.4KB/s.  WTF!!?? Was someone in on my conversation and decided to turn the speed up or what happened?

WHAT HAPPENED how could my speed suddenly jump from 21KB/s to over 650KB/s?

This a feature in Eddie, when it detects another VPN company opened in the browser tab, it will automatically

turn on the hidden "Turbo speed mode"

Now seriously, without logs or even knowing which servers you were connected to before, we can not even

start looking for what issues could cause it. You said you disconnected and reconnected via a UK server.

Which server you were using before then? Some servers are 100Mbit and some servers are peaking their

bandwidth, this is why you have the status page to determine which server is the best. With BBC most

likely the fastest servers will be the UK ones since this is where the streams originate from.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Well today I have saved you the log and added a couple of photos perhaps you can explain it. 

The connection is all over the place like a cheap suit.  I always log on to a UK based server when it lets me.  Sometimes it refuses and takes me elsewhere like Canada or the Netherlands which is also really annoying.

Look at the connection photos, at 20.41 I am getting 409KB/s and 4 seconds later I am getting 8KB/s.  Is this normal with downloads? I genuinely don't know, I am not very computer knowledgeable. It was up and down every few seconds as slow as 1KB/s and over 600KB/s a few seconds later.

Perhaps the moderator who is reading this before or if s/he decides to publish this could offer some insight.  I am not trying to be a troll or awkward just trying to download some programmes for the kids.

AirVPN_20160317_205709.txt

Perhaps the moderator who is reading this before or if s/he decides to publish this

It's your 8th post, you are out of the standard mod queue.

W 2016.03.17 20:03:44 - Recovery. Unexpected crash?

Unexpected crash? Does this happen often?

There are a few solutions to speed fluctuations in threads like Issues with torrents, can you go through it and see if anything helps?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Looks like you are downloading the files from some proprietary service/website.

This means your speeds might be limited by them and there is nothing much you

can do about it. Same thing happens to me when I sometimes download files from

all those free file hosting websites like Sendspace, Rapidgator etc.

Normally with popular files you can avoid it and use torrents instead, where speeds

will be much higher in most cases, since you will be downloading it from multiple

sources. A really good general speed test would be downloading an Ubuntu torrent

and see what speeds you are getting with it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

mrfish, are you using your blackberry device (phone/??) to connect your computer to the internet with AirVPN???

Because one line reads tethering Blackberry

I 2016.03.17 20:03:45 - DNS of a network adapter restored to original settings (BlackBerry Tethering Device)

I am not familiar with Blackberry devices and the wireless modems in them.