Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.119.241
whatthewhat

ASUS Router - Setting up VPN Client

Hi, new user here. 

Trying to set up my ASUS RT-AC52U Router to use AirVPN as the VPN Client, I have followed the steps under the "how to" section of the forums for ASUS routers, I used the config generator as shown, uploaded the .opvn file as shown, set up the DNS under the WAN settings as shown, but I still get an X under the VPN connection status in my router instead of the check saying it is working.  Did I miss something?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OK, I have had some more time to look at it this week and it seems that the "private key" field on the router does not allow enough characters for the entire text of the .ovpn files "private key" field to be copied over, it cuts off the last few lines.  There is a 2999 character limit per field. 

It is an ASUS RT-AC52U with the latest firmware installed (ver: 3.0.0.4.376.3754 if that helps).....is there any way around this that someone is aware of?

TIA

Googling a little, seems the page layout is similar with my AC87U. I've never changed any 'private key' field. All I did was Import .opvn file > choose file (the one you get from config generator) > upload > save settings. Then Service State ON and check VPN status. Changed the DNS and done.

That's what I did. That X you mentioned was it say running or stopped on openvpn client?

I have never seen this with my asus routers.  but nevermind that.  an AC52 is a ranger extender.  are you sure you're using VPN on an AC52?