Not connected, Your IP: 3.84.110.120

Hi

I'm new to VPN. I've bin trying it out little over at month now, but speed is slow.

I've read around and the TAP driver can't in my case be the problem. Is there any know problems regarding OS X ?

Or are there some settings works best on Mac (Macbook Pro) ?

The speed drop is most clearly when torrenting, but i feel it when browsing to. Youtube and other videos take forever to load and play and often stops and wait to load more data. When using uTorrent i can without VPN get almost max 3mb on 30mbit, but when using VPN it drops to maybe 100kb or lower. At good times i can get it to almost 1mb. And again, dropping VPN, speed just goes to the top.

I use servers close to my country (Denmark). A funny thing is, when using Swedish servers they are a lot slower than using German or NL.

Any idea to what might be the problem here ?

All the best

Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Can you give the community some more information? 

What should be the speed of your ISP?  And what do you realy get after testing that ISP speed?

Are you using cable or wifi, if wifi, is it a recent router model - does it supports 802.11ac wifi? Do you have a modem alone from your ISP or a modem with build in router?

What are you using of vpn client, Tunnelblick, Viscosity or the AirVPN client Eddie?

Is there some kind of third party firewall?

Edit Tap driver: this is more a windows issue.

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Thanks for your reply

But have you read my question ?

I write that there's no problem when not using VPN, the speed drops when using VPN. And i just use the AirVPN client for Mac from here.

I'v read your question again.

Now i only understand that you have a 30Mbps line from your isp.

But my English is'n that good, Sorry. Maybe some other member can help you after reading your question.

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

hi carsten (german?),

i use el capitan and the airvpn client. i have most the time full speed, no problems. whats your configuration?

- which client? tunnelblick, viscosity or eddie, the original from airvpn?

- i use to 99% server from the netherlands, their really fast. (and the client locate the fastest server)

- what do you choose in the "config generator? (i use direct, protocol UDP, port 443)