Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249

I bought an Ubuntu phone mainly because of privacy concerns I have with IOS & Android. I was disappointed to see that they don't have the built in support for Network Manager like the Ubuntu desktop does, is it possible to run Airvpn on the Ubuntu EQ5 phone? 

Is OpenVPN available on the Ubuntu Phone? If it is, install it and then go into AirVPN web site > Client Area > Config Generator and generate the OPVPN files to use with OpenVPN
Then navigate to OpenVPN install directory and there should be a folder to put those OPVPN files in

I bought an Ubuntu phone mainly because of privacy concerns I have with IOS & Android.

A paranoid guy heard once that most accidents happen at home, so he moved to a new apartment

See this article from Jan 6, 2016:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ubuntu-touch-openvpn-support-gets-a-prototype-ui-here-s-how-to-install-it-498543.shtml

So probably it is a good news for you, but you will have to find your own way around configuring it, and there isn't

any UI for it right now as it seems.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

And I'll just quote another smart person that knows alot about intelligence:

"If your adversary is not FVEY, your best bet is probably to rely on the Apple/Google security teams to protect you."

So by moving to something less peer-reviewed like a niche OS with lack of security audit, you actually expose yourself

to a bigger attack surface using the bad "security by obscurity", or in your case "security by low popularity" concept.

Try to avoid it and do a proper due-dilligence on your next decisions, but I am not going to tell you what to use.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.