Not connected, Your IP: 54.173.43.215
Oldkrow

95% I'll renew but please answer these questions

I'd like to make it very clear that I love the AIR VPN service and have been extremely happy with it outside of two connection issues. I even went out of my way to mention this in my first post on the forum when I had the connection issue. Unfortunately, I never did get a response to that post which was posted on Feb 12th. This the one and only concerns I have and with only 5 days left of service, before I commit to a longer contract, I'd like to get some reassurance that this isn't standard protocol.   

My initial issue was finally resolved through a response when I submitted a direct support ticket. However because I thought I would get some sort of response through the forum, I couldn't connect via the VPN for another day and a half. use  I feel it could have been handled just as easily through the forum without clogging up support with an official request. I'm not even sure if my post was ever even reviewed by a moderator and published publically. 

The thing is, aside from the connection issue, I had some other questions I hoped I'd get help with. some help with. This is my first VPN I have subscribed to. What makes this more disappointing for me; I went out of my way to talk about how much I was enjoying my experience in a post which in the end, actually was completely ignored. 

My big question: Is this a typical problem within the forum that I should come to expect or just an isolated issue?

A big part of my disappointment is that because I didn't have a paypal account set up, I couldn't take advantage of the three day trial for $1.00. Instead of trying another service I still felt confident my experience would be positive so I went with Airvpn anyway and paid the higher cost for 30 days of service.   I figured, even if I didn't enjoy my experience I'd only be out a few extra dollars. 

The service itself has been very good. There have only been two issues over the course of the month. These both involved an issue with Eddie where the server client locked up. There seems to be a problem with reconnection whenever I have to force quite the client. Rebooting the computer solved the issue but rebooting just to refresh the client is a bit of a hassle. One I am fine with considering it has only happened twice in 30 days.

However, one of the big reasons I chose Airvpn was the active community and the knowledge base of resources to help us make our online experience and identity even more secure and private. 

I realize there is a protocol to new users and measures in place to become a more active posters while weeding out possible trolls in the forum but when I never even get a responce at all, not even a welcome to airVPN; I can't help but feel a bit slighted.  

My personal opinion is that if new users are under review for a set amount of posts, those posts should receive attention than other posts. Even if it the initial response is just a canned response to let us know we aren't being ignored. Many users are new to VPNs and need a bit more hand holding, especially with technical issues. Now, I myself and while I am new to VPNs, I still have a pretty strong understanding and foundation of how they work and how to get them up and running. Aside from that, I am very fast at learning and chose this VPN over others because of the commitment to privacy and the active community. This is because I don't want to learn only the basics, I want to learn the advanced tweaks and configuration. I want to become as secure as I possibly can and take advantage of all the service Airvpn has to offer.

With all that said, I do love the service and most likely will renew in 5 days. I'm just hoping for some reassurance that even as a new (paying) member to the community, I will still will be taken seriously.  

If you could also please respond to this post and the questions I had in my original first post found below.

Best regards

Things I would like to achieve:

I'd like to ultimately connect to TOR through the VPN in the most effective way.I'd like to understand the advantages of DNS, tunneling and port forwarding so I can take advantage of its uses.If you could tell me if having OSX, if Eddie is still the better option or should I connect using my own VPN options through my OSI'd like to set up my own personal VPN through my OS so that I can be connected to my Windows Laptop when I need toand could you tell me if with service if we have use of private proxies or does the fact I am on a VPN do a way of needing to use a proxy?

The thing is, aside from the connection issue, I had some other questions I hoped I'd get help with. some help with. This is my first VPN I have subscribed to. What makes this more disappointing for me; I went out of my way to talk about how much I was enjoying my experience in a post which in the end, actually was completely ignored.

My big question: Is this a typical problem within the forum that I should come to expect or just an isolated issue?

You are without doubt referring to Having a problem connecting to a server.

I saw your thread, I didn't ignore it. But I didn't answer out of a few reasons. First, the only thing I could do is linking you topics to the Checking routes problem which I have done a few times in the past, and searching for this error message would take you to topics like can't connect to Route. Second, I don't use OS X, and I usually let other people answer questions about TOR because I never really used it. I know what it is, how it works, and how I set it up basically, but I don't have any troubleshooting knowledge.

I see that no one else responded to you, and that's a bit unfortunate. But let me remind you that on these forums users help other users. It's only natural that some topics don't get a response, and there can be a multitude of reasons - I wrote mine above. Opening a thread is not a guarantee that someone answers.

My personal opinion is that if new users are under review for a set amount of posts, those posts should receive attention than other posts. Even if it the initial response is just a canned response to let us know we aren't being ignored.

There are no canned responses since we are users. If I can't contribute to a topic, a certain thought goes through my mind, saying "some other guy with more knowledge than me on this topic will answer". Unfortunately, everyone else unable to contribute thinks exactly the same, so you end up with threads such as yours.

Many users are new to VPNs and need a bit more hand holding, especially with technical issues

I'm going to do something about it in the future.

I'm just hoping for some reassurance that even as a new (paying) member to the community, I will still will be taken seriously.

Always, but that depends on the issue and the complexity of it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

To both of your responses, thank you. As I said, I just needed a to know it isn't typical. Outside of that, I understand forums will only provide answers when giving one more than likely will help to resolve it rather than to complicate it more.

I did get the issue resolved with my support ticket but the issue of the Eddie client still has some issues with locking up and when you force quite the program, I have to restart the computer to rest the DNS issues. If anyone knows another way (Even if it is in regards to Windows) It will give me an idea of what I may be able to do as a Mac user. I was a Windows user up until Dec. I still have it, I still use it and could most likely figure out how to accomplish the same thing on Mac if I have a direction. If I figure a way to resolve something over the MAC OS, I'd have no problem with posting these answers to the forum to help other Mac users.    

I do like the service, and will be renewing for a three month this time.

As for TOR. I was able to get some help.

Thanks. and best to all of you.

You are without doubt referring to Having a problem connecting to a server.

I saw your thread, I didn't ignore it. But I didn't answer out of a few reasons. First, the only thing I could do is linking you topics to the Checking routes problem which I have done a few times in the past, and searching for this error message would take you to topics like can't connect to Route. Second, I don't use OS X, and I usually let other people answer questions about TOR because I never really used it. I know what it is, how it works, and how I set it up basically, but I don't have any troubleshooting knowledge.

I see that no one else responded to you, and that's a bit unfortunate. But let me remind you that on these forums users help other users. It's only natural that some topics don't get a response, and there can be a multitude of reasons - I wrote mine above. Opening a thread is not a guarantee that someone answers.

>My personal opinion is that if new users are under review for a set amount of posts, those posts should receive attention than other posts. Even if it the initial response is just a canned response to let us know we aren't being ignored.

There are no canned responses since we are users. If I can't contribute to a topic, a certain thought goes through my mind, saying "some other guy with more knowledge than me on this topic will answer". Unfortunately, everyone else unable to contribute thinks exactly the same, so you end up with threads such as yours.

Many users are new to VPNs and need a bit more hand holding, especially with technical issues

I'm going to do something about it in the future.

I'm just hoping for some reassurance that even as a new (paying) member to the community, I will still will be taken seriously.

Always, but that depends on the issue and the complexity of it.

giga responded well in regards to your issues I'd say just have one thing to add from a personal point he is right it is likely your topic was missed or people figured someone else would respond who could help more on the issue however as much as I look at the forums everyday in an attempt to help the users, sometimes a thread may get lost to me and I don't see it rest assured however here we are many knowledgeable users to name a few giganerd, MeAndroid and zhang are very good at what they do, me I am self-taught in all I do so I learn by experience tho I do have some to give and with the handholding giganerd is very good at providing info and help to users and a well placed question can very easily receive a very helpful response from us all.

I'd recommend resubscribing since AirVPN are good and they know their stuff