Not connected, Your IP: 34.201.8.144

I installed AirVPN on my laptop, running Windows 10. The "Network Lock" was set to on. I had no idea why i was doing this, but thought if it's there i should probably have to use it.

Everything worked fine for 24+ hours. This morning i could not read my email. In trying to fix the problem, internet connections failed. Troubleshooting modem and router brought no joy.

Eventually i found my way to a list of programs that the firewall allows. AirVPN was the only program. I reset to defaults and everything worked again. Then i re-activated AirVPN, locked, and everything worked fine.  Went to ipleak.net and saw that everything was working -- too fine. It pinpointed my location, almost to the room in my house. Firewall does not list AirVPN as a program to let in, but still lists almost everything else.

It appears, to my uneducated eye, that the locking mechanism is delayed and when it activates i am not able to access anything (yeah, maybe that means no one can access me either). It seem there may simply be a setting that i have not activated (though i don't see anything to try).

The system is either not working, or working too well. Any suggestions to make it work just right?

Thanks.

Quotes are difficult to use in Tapatalk, sorry for not properly directing my words.

Network Lock does not force anything, it only restricts the connection options to a few IPs.

Think twice before disabling the firewalls of security software, especially in your case since your thinking is "if it's there I should probably have to use it". Most of them are not just packet filters.

Network Lock works if Windows Firewall is enabled, regardless of other firewalls being enabled. Also, two firewalls CAN collide, it's not a rule.

As far as WebRTC is concerned, it is not used to pinpoint a location this is done by geolocation. Anyway, when using a VPN it might be a good idea to turn them off both.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Bottom line is - if you have a third party firewall installed, double-check that Network Lock is actually doing its job.

No, that's very dangerous, do not perform such checks: just do not use Network Lock or remove the third party firewall. You must NOT run two firewalls simultaneously. Even if a preliminary check shows no problems, at any moment unpredictable behavior can arise.

Kind regards

Writing about it... I have always thought to send a recommendation to AirVPN to create a new "title" in the website: "News and Updates" to simplify things (about new servers, modifications, important security news, etc).

Well, it's done now, now it's up to AirVPN to follow it or not

By the way, Staff, I think it would be nice if there was a meta-thread on the forum for newbies

I've been working on something like this titled the AirVPN Forums Compass a few months ago. I collected numerous links to solutions to different issues but it's so much work looking at almost 17000 threads... also, there's this "it's a very old solution, does it still apply?" thought.

If something is going to come out, it either needs to be done collectively or the information will never be complete.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.