Not connected, Your IP: 107.21.176.63
voddyman

Very slow speeds through Virgin Media

I'm running on Windows 7,

I bet there's more.. *cough*  logs... *cough cough* spoiler tags... *cough*

[spoiler]logs[/spoiler]

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

In the client, go to Logs, right-click on some line > Copy all lines to clipboard. Then write spoiler tags and paste the logs in between them.

Erm, this is a perfect example of thread vandalism. Don't ever rewrite the post history of a thread. You may have noticed in this forum that people try to link to threads across the whole forum because the solution to many problems is somewhere in the history. Editing it after something fixed your issue is a very bad practice. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Readers, for your information: Mr. voddyman experienced very slow speeds. Downgrading to TAP 9.9 increased his speeds drastically, but still not to the max because of his ISP, Virgin Media, we assume.

My issue wasn't resolved and it doesn't look like it will be.

That therefore is the reason I edited the post because I didn't think it was going to help anyone. I also, obviously mistakenly, thought that as I started the thread/post that I had the right to remove it.

I apologise for any trouble/problems I may have caused. I will bare in mind in the future that if I need any help I will either just try and find the answer through the forum, tech support or Google.

Thank you for any help that you gave

Ps. Although my speed did increase, it was still less than half of my 70Mbps connection.

I also, obviously mistakenly, thought that as I started the thread/post that I had the right to remove it.

There is no such right since there is no delete button.

I apologise for any trouble/problems I may have caused

You didn't cause any. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to offend.

I will bare in mind in the future that if I need any help I will either just try and find the answer through the forum, tech support or Google.

This is my personal number one recommendation to people having issues. Search before you post. And I think I'm speaking for many forums out there if I say it's a good practice.

"I apologise for any trouble/problems I may have caused"

"You didn't cause any. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to offend."

I know you didn't mean to offend and there was none taken. 

I was only thinking that as 99% of the questions/answers I asked were in private conversations between yourself and I, so I thought that the thread/post was a bit pointless, hence the reason i tried to get rid off it.

Regarding the reason I i actually posted in the forum was because I had been in touch with the Tech Support and they could not find a solution to my problem, which I'm afraid is actually worse today as I'm lucky if I'm getting 5-10Mbps regardless what version of OpenVPN I use or what server.

So unless i can find a fix I'm going to have to see if there's another VPN provider that suits my needs and to be honest I thought I had found my perfect solution with AirVPN as it was working perfectly till this week   

Once again I say sorry for not adhering to Forum Etiquette, it was not done deliberately and i now know not to do it again       

as I'm lucky if I'm getting 5-10Mbps regardless what version of OpenVPN I use or what server.

This is really odd.. I hope someone comes up with some creative solution.

Once again I say sorry for not adhering to Forum Etiquette, it was not done deliberately and i now know not to do it again

All water under the bridge, correct? There is no official etiquette, to be perfectly honest; I'm just trying to retain a bit of good information around here. The problem is, some people don't search and ask the same avoidable questions over and over again. But that's another problem.

as I'm lucky if I'm getting 5-10Mbps regardless what version of OpenVPN I use or what server.

This is really odd.. I hope someone comes up with some creative solution.

so do I mate ☺

All water under the bridge, correct? There is no official etiquette, to be perfectly honest; I'm just trying to retain a bit of good information around here. The problem is, some people don't search and ask the same avoidable questions over and over again. But that's another problem.

Oh yes most definitely all water under the bridge mate ☺☺

"I apologise for any trouble/problems I may have caused"

"You didn't cause any. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to offend."

I know you didn't mean to offend and there was none taken. 

I was only thinking that as 99% of the questions/answers I asked were in private conversations between yourself and I, so I thought that the thread/post was a bit pointless, hence the reason i tried to get rid off it.

Regarding the reason I i actually posted in the forum was because I had been in touch with the Tech Support and they could not find a solution to my problem, which I'm afraid is actually worse today as I'm lucky if I'm getting 5-10Mbps regardless what version of OpenVPN I use or what server.

So unless i can find a fix I'm going to have to see if there's another VPN provider that suits my needs and to be honest I thought I had found my perfect solution with AirVPN as it was working perfectly till this week   

Virgin/AirVPN works ok for me on 152MB/s product.

5077284613.png

It was working great for me as well until the last week, I was getting 65Mbps on a 70 Mbps virgin connection, but I an getting ridiculously slow speeds of anything between 5 to at most 30 Mbps and I never changed anything when it started to do this. I'm totally lost why this is happening

Hi, Update, lol. i think i may have solved this, fingers crossed 

Here's what i have done

First go into the "Eddie" client and then click  advance setting in the preferences and make sure that you have disable driver update ticked

I then did a full uninstall the AirVPN and the Tap version 9.2.1 version programs, I used the Revo uninstaller as that gets rid of everything little bit of programs that are left over from a "normal" uninstall, which i think may have been why this has worked this time, not 100% sure though 

Next I installed version 9.9.1 of the Tap Adapter following the instructions given here at this topic https://airvpn.org/topic/16573-tap-driver-9210-causing-a-myriad-of-issues/, 

I then started up the Air VPN client and let it run through the process as if i was a new customer, i.e. installing the tunnel driver etc.  I did NOT change anything in the preferences/setting of the "Eddie" program, I left it at "automatic" setting in the protocols tab and in the  advanced tab I have the both the buffer zones sizes set at at 128KBS.

I then connected to the lowest latency server that was outwith the UK as I use Virgin Media, in my case in was "Menkib" Germany and lo and behold I am now getting approximately 60-65Mbps, which will do for me as i have a 70 mbps connection.

5079781845.png

Now I'm not saying this will solve everybody's problems, but it seems to have done the trick for me, I have probably just given this idea the kiss of death with that last statement,       

That's what you were told to do in post #7 of the thread, just FYI. Giganerd's post. Granted, he didn't specifically instruct you to uncheck the "automatically update" the TAP driver button...but yeah.  Just sayin'

That's what you were told to do in post #7 of the thread, just FYI. Giganerd's post. Granted, he didn't specifically instruct you to uncheck the "automatically update" the TAP driver button...but yeah.  Just sayin'

Eh I wasn't to uncheck the "automatically update" the Tap driver button, I was to TICK the "disable driver upgrade" in the settings, just saying     

As I said i think what made the difference this time when i did it, was that I used the "Revo Uninstaller" that gets rid of EVERY detail of any program that's been installed if you use the advanced option to scan after it's finished the normal uninstalling.

Well i think that's why it's worked this time, but can't be sure   

I've heard of Revo Uninstaller and it even helped a few users on the forums in the past. Glad you finally did it! Sorry for any trouble.

That's what you were told to do in post #7 of the thread, just FYI. Giganerd's post. Granted, he didn't specifically instruct you to uncheck the "automatically update" the TAP driver button...but yeah.  Just sayin'

All is well, we've had a private conversation. Mr. voddyman is right by saying it's the disable driver button that needs to be checked.

I've heard of Revo Uninstaller and it even helped a few users on the forums in the past. Glad you finally did it! Sorry for any trouble.

No trouble at all my god man, all water that's flowed well and truly under the bridge    Yup i've used revo Uninstaller a few times before when I've been struggling for solutions, i obviously forgot all about it again,   

That's what you were told to do in post #7 of the thread, just FYI. Giganerd's post. Granted, he didn't specifically instruct you to uncheck the "automatically update" the TAP driver button...but yeah.  Just sayin'

All is well, we've had a private conversation. Mr. voddyman is right by saying it's the disable driver button that needs to be checked.

A big thank you to giganerd for all the help and advice he gave me in dealing with this problem. This forum is a wealth of information [ although some of it just flies right over the top of my old head ]

and i shall be visiting more often just to keep myself up to date with all that is going on in the AirVPN World       

and i shall be visiting more often just to keep myself up to date with all that is going on in the AirVPN World

If you know what RSS is and if you happen to use it, there are a few feeds you can subscribe to:

AirVPN Announcements

AirVPN New Threads

If you know what RSS is and if you happen to use it, there are a few feeds you can subscribe to:

AirVPN Announcements

AirVPN New Threads

Excellent Thank you giganerd

Yup This old geek man knows what RSS feeds are and I shall add AirVPN to them,