Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.116.152
BeepBeep

VPN connects few a few minutes, then fails and won't reconnect

Hi everyone

I'm a new user to AirVPN and haven't used it for a week or so. When I was last using it, it ran absolutely perfectly, no trouble at all, in fact, I was playing an online game without even realising I was an a VPN, so full marks to AirVPN there!

But...(always a but)...

The last couple of days when I try and connect to the VPN it will connect and then drop connection after a couple of minutes, it'll try to re-establish connection and fail, which trips out my whole internet so I just have to exit the program.

Can anyone provide any explaination as to what can be happening? I'm absolutely clueless!

Also please note, I may be a little while replying with my first reply as my posts are still being moderator approved (I said I was new! )

Thanks guys!

I'm absolutely clueless!

We, too, because we miss your logs.

Ah nuts! Sorry, I'm a noob at this....let me see what I can find and I'll post them!

Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply.

I know how to change servers, but I'm not sure how to change protocol, or how (or if) that would affect security when using something like p2p?

I've had a look through the logs as giganerd (brilliant name!) asked for...been delayed as it's been a bit of an interesting day. 

I started the VPN this morning and it worked for about 5 hours without issue and then dropped again at about 3PM. I thought that was OK as I had a good time to check the logs...accidentally started connecting to the VPN tonight (was only wanting to look at the earlier logs) to find it had overwritten the earlier logs with the evening logs.

No great worries though as it has done the same thing, and not connected properly, I've looked in the logs and found this...

. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - OpenVPN > CreateFile failed on TAP device: \\.\Global\{edited this bit out, not sure if it's important to security or not}.tap
. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - OpenVPN > All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use.
. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - OpenVPN > Exiting due to fatal error
! 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - Disconnecting
. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - Connection terminated.

I'm guessing this will be the cause of our issue!

Sounds like it could be a problem this end...any ideas how I could fix it?

Thanks!

as giganerd (brilliant name!) asked for.

Hehe, thanks. (In case you want to know the origin)

. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - OpenVPN > CreateFile failed on TAP device: \\.\Global\{edited this bit out, not sure if it's important to security or not}.tap
. 2016.02.05 21:54:42 - OpenVPN > All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use.
I ran into this when I sometimes started qBittorrent on TAP 9.21. Only workaround is a reboot. TAP 9.9 didn't have this.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hmmm, that's not great news. I do reboot...but then it can happen again fairly soon after.

Should I be looking at different TAP...things then? I just installed the AirVPN software and let it do it's thing.