Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.43.22
4snosiucct

How do you use your VPN?

I DON'T use it to check social media or anything like personal email.  Is it a good practice?  Would it be safer to use a VPN to check these things? 

I do use it when am at public or open wifi connections.  Or  I might use my own openvpnserver depending on what I am wanting to do.

I also use my Air account for streaming video from 1channel, phoenix, etc....

To surf /b/ Yeah, I'm a grown man in my mid 30's and I still surfing 4chan :/

Anything else worth visting?

I DON'T use it to check social media or anything like personal email.  Is it a good practice?  Would it be safer to use a VPN to check these things? 

I do use it when am at public or open wifi connections.  Or  I might use my own openvpnserver depending on what I am wanting to do.

I keep it running 24/7 or every time I'm on my computer, I pay for my internet connection, I do not pay for my internet provider to monitor my activates.

I keep it running 24/7 or every time I'm on my computer, I pay for my internet connection, I do not pay for my internet provider to monitor my activates.

I personally also recommend keeping it running 24/7, if it's a trusted server, the traffic gets encrypted when it goes from the server to you, which means they can't pinpoint you to the traffic without a LOT of work which unless you blow up new york ain't worth it lol

It has been revealed in the past that certain intelligence agencies have got direct access to customer traffic of some german ISPs, including the biggest one, the German Telecom, of which I am a customer. So, being connected to AirVPN the whole time eases my mind a bit.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I now use air, on moble, computer, and tablet. Because I don't like nosey ISP's any my info being compromised.

It has been revealed in the past that certain intelligence agencies have got direct access to customer traffic of some german ISPs, including the biggest one, the German Telecom, of which I am a customer. So, being connected to AirVPN the whole time eases my mind a bit.

But wouldn't this mean that in fact you de-anonymize yourself by using VPN with social media and/or E - Mail Accounts ? Those accounts usually store personal data of yours, and this can be connected to your VPN IP ?

What would that have to do with his German ISP knowing what he's doing? Just because facebook and gmail know who he is has nothing to do with his ISP knowing what he's doing with his connection.

But wouldn't this mean that in fact you de-anonymize yourself by using VPN with social media and/or E - Mail Accounts ? Those accounts usually store personal data of yours, and this can be connected to your VPN IP ?

I don't use social media, and my email provider does not require personal data since they focus on data economy.

Let's assume, my ISP logs metadata. Let's assume they noticed long-living connections to a few IP addresses on port 53, and let's assume they've got so much money to spend, they assemble a small team of people to hunt me down or so. They found out it's an OpenVPN connection, explaining loads of traffic on a DNS port. What they cannot find out without breaking AES and bypassing the replay protection of OpenVPN: The cause of this high traffic.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I keep my VPN on 24/7, because I am always trying to have the highest amount of privacy possible and one of the last things I want is for my ISP to know what I am doing.

I use it for everything but I don't use social media.

I'm a customer of Telenet (https://www2.telenet.be/nl/) which is the largest provider of cable broadband services in Belgium. But since 2007, an American company, Liberty Global own a 57.8% stake in Telenet (correct me if i'm wrong). Shorly after i started with VPN. And i'm a bit allergic concerning USA companies. U know, patriot act and other shit.

I'm shure my isp logs metadata.  So i feel save behind my AirVPN connection.

@ AN566, love your signature  

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

I am logged on 24/7 on my notebook and PC, on my phone and tablet. As I am not online on more than 3 devices at a time, one account is sufficient ;-)

I am a customer of the German Telecom as well. I don't want them or anyone else to know what I do.

I also use the Air at work (on my private notebook), as our IT department is not able to unblock social networks on single accounts (I am in marketing and I need to access to Facebook, Instagram, Xing, LinkedIn, and Twitter)...

As I reconnect regularly (hibernation, change of physical place etc.), I believe no one can connect the things I do online without a lot of effort... I am not worth it...

Nevertheless, I fear (I might be a little overanxious) that as a lot (or all) internet traffic is saved, all connections and their content can be associated with the respective person retrospectively...

Not really. You use shared IP. Sure You deanonimize Yourself for facebook. But at the same time You are pretty much anonymous, say using other portals at the same time, even suing the same VPN session (provided You use common sense and disable third party coockies, disable traking sites etc). Attacker cannot guess what particular user use what service on the same exit IP. Sure there are neat correlation attacs, where attacker can actually guess, providing some advanced network behavior patterns, time correlations to corellate Your sessions. Those attacks usually need carefully prepared target and network monitoring. This is something what happens in crime cases, not for casual browsing. For day-to-day privacy VPN is good enough, even though You use social media.

VPN is graet solution for day to day privacy, some casual snooping and some hacking threats. Unless You are doing something explicitly bad, nothing to worry about. You stay private.

As others I use VPN on all my devices all the time. I have configured VPN on my home network and all my traffic goes through VPN. I trust Air and some other privacy providers more than my ISP. My family didn't even realize that they are using VPN. From their perspective nothing changed .