Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.106.232
skxBMrYsxlli

Metallah blocked by Spamhaus

Spamhaus Metallah results

Lots of site operators—including some of the DDNS providers I use—misuse the Spamhaus DNSBLs to block "known abuse." The Spamhaus Project removal instructions clearly state that the network operator must contact Spamhaus to have the IP address delisted. That's either AirVPN, the colo operator, or the actual operator of the 104.243.16.0/20 netblock ("Black Fox Limited").

This block is preventing me from using non-AirVPN DDNS services. Help, please.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down - with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

~ Cave Johnson

1. It's better to fix your own issues than asking others to fix theirs. Technically, they are doing something wrong. Why should we ask them to fix it?
  2. If they misuse the DNS blacklist, maybe they are not knowledgeable enough about how it's used and you should really change the DynDNS provider. Unless it's too complex for you because of your setup, for example.
  3. I use nsupdate. It's even open-source.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down - with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

~ Cave Johnson

1. It's better to fix your own issues than asking others to fix theirs. Technically, they are doing something wrong. Why should we ask them to fix it?
  2. If they misuse the DNS blacklist, maybe they are not knowledgeable enough about how it's used and you should really change the DynDNS provider. Unless it's too complex for you because of your setup, for example.
  3. I use nsupdate. It's even open-source.

Clearly, I misspoke. I meant "misuse" in the sense that the Spamhaus lists were originally intended only to block known spam sources, but they've become widely used to identify netblocks or domains that are in some way "troublesome."

The afraid.org operators are in fact very knowledgeable, and they're not going to change the way they operate because it's temporarily inconveniencing me / us.

Also? Your post: not helpful. I'm not looking for "cleverness." I'm looking for AirVPN to get in touch with the appropriate contacts and see if they can get the netblock delisted. If I wanted an alternate solution, I would have asked for one.

Don't get mad. Looking for alternatives is a way to help people, too. "Not helpful" is a mean comment and you won't make friends here with that attitude.

You posted in the forums which means you don't ask "appropriate contacts" for a solution, you ask the community here. The community is a mix of several kinds of people, but they have one thing in common: They can reply to any topic they wish, contributing with their own knowledge. And when doing so, they expect a good tone in reply. Consider that in the future, and no offense, of course.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Don't get mad. Looking for alternatives is a way to help people, too. "Not helpful" is a mean comment and you won't make friends here with that attitude.

You posted in the forums which means you don't ask "appropriate contacts" for a solution, you ask the community here. The community is a mix of several kinds of people, but they have one thing in common: They can reply to any topic they wish, contributing with their own knowledge. And when doing so, they expect a good tone in reply. Consider that in the future, and no offense, of course.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

The post was directed more at AirVPN mods who can actually do something about this situation. Still, you raise a good point: I'll open a support ticket instead.