Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.128.129
Staff

New 100 Mbit/s server available (HK)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 100 Mbit/s server located in Hong Kong is available: Cebalrai.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The server accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Cebalrai supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

the header says 1Gbit but the post says 100Mbit?

Well done! Thank you.  I'm in mainland China and Hadar is pretty much useless from here.  Bandwidth is poor and the GFW blocks IPs and some ports.  I'm going to check out Cebalrai and see how it compares.

It's weird that I get 50~60ms from South Korea to HK servers, but Antares is much faster when downloading, watching Youtube and browsing internet. I guess Singapore is a better hub for submarine cables connected throughout the world.

China Mainland user here, the following result tested with BGP link in Shanghai.

The Cebalrai has a much better latency than Hadar, while bandwidth still not good. The ping is about 70ms compare to 370ms in Hadar, but I only get around 50KiB/s speed with 100Mb local bandwith (SSL and SSH tunnel).

For Chinese users, CN2 link is still the best...

@Windy,

Yeah, I have very similar experience.  Much better ping times, stable, but not very high throughput. Up to 100KB/s down.

Staff

i keep getting this error on this new server every hour or so

once at 13.38 and this one at 14.38

. 2016.01.28 14:38:49 - OpenVPN > Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #917374 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
. 2016.01.28 14:38:49 - OpenVPN > Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #917375 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
. 2016.01.28 14:38:49 - OpenVPN > Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #917376 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

never have i seen this error before..line upon line upon line

is it something wrong with Eddie or the new HK server

Good to see some more capacity in Asia. Should be a growth market, and there is plenty of government and corporate corruption, so privacy/security is important for commercial and political as well as personal reasons.

Using Cebelrai from Australia now without problems. Not so concerned about max bandwidth because I do big downloads in background, often overnight using an offpeak data quota. When doing bittorrent I use a Netherlands server which seems more globally central for the many peer connections, and just one connection for openvpn on the fat pipes Europe to Australia.

I don't know what's going with those servers in Asia but they're extremely slow at night. I can only get decent speed with Cebalrai (HK) and Antares (SG) while Hadar (HK) is unusable to me even though traffic through it is fairly low. However, until recently Cebalrai (HK) has been extremely crowded, I guess due to torrenting? So AIRVPN team, could you please check for problems with Hadar (HK) server and/or set up more servers in this part of the world. And people, please consider use this service responsibly so that all of us can enjoy it.

@Zhang888: Yes, I do agree with what you said above. However, traffic through Cebalrai has been terrible, at least for me. Please see my screenshot. http://1drv.ms/1OZkX3U. 26 users account for 113/100 Mb/s??? Sometimes, the rate rises up to 126/100!!! This has happened in/at early morning, noon, afternoon and late night for days. It can be seen from the Monthly Traffic chart you have provided that users are using more and more of this server's maximum bandwidth. This number is increasing at the speed of light! Now, I have a feeling that no one bothers to use Hadar instead. There must be something wrong with Hadar so that less and less people use it.

BTW, how can I upload pictures on this forum?

Most likely Cebelrai can actually burst to 200mbit, but is on a 100mbit connection.  That's why the b/w goes over 100 sometimes.

Personally, from Japan I've had great pings from all the Asian servers, but actual transfer speeds and least number of hops are best from the California and Vancouver servers so I just stick with those.

I find Hadar has the best ping times and http connection opens from E Coast Australia, so use it all day for general Web access, email and work from home tasks.

But the down bandwidth often seems limited to around 64 K bytes/sec. Possibly some throttling in the "network infrastructure" rather than the AirVPN server?

I run the openvpn connection as TCP port 443 because I date from the time when "flooding" routers with UDP packets was bad form and caused packet loss due buffer overflows, and TCP adaptive flow control with sliding window at the end points was better design and efficiency, especially for long running connections. But I do get alerts when openvpn breaks the connection to renew encryption each hour. Sometimes periods of more frequent reconnects with "Lock Current" server, not sure if due to OpenVPN, or pacswitch, or undersea cable instability,  or my ISP, or the NBN Fixed Wireless carrier or my fairly cheap wifi router.

Eddie logs not detailed to inform. Not a big enough nuisance to monitor with speed tests or Wireshark or ???