Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249

Surely this should say 'enabled', not 'disabled'?

1. Within AirVPN settings, make sure that inside (preferences -> advanced -> general -> Microsoft Windows Only (on the right) that [Disable driver upgrade] is disabled.

Yes.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

(On windows 10)

I have tried to install TAP 9.9.1, But on installation it says install failed and says devcon.exe error code: 2.

Is this to do with the driver signature no longer being valid, as it doesn't show the window confirming if you wish to install this driver software?

I actually fixed my connection problems by reinstalling v9.21.1. Was originally getting no connection at all when I connected to the VPN this morning. Anyways this reminds me of the problems a lot of us had back in...October or November I think it was. If it happens again, or even if it doesn't, I'll probably use v9.9.2.3 instead.

Mr. voltairec, the problem is here:

W 2016.06.10 22:33:45 - The remote name could not be resolved: 'arkab_exit.airservers.org'

Have a look at Cannot logon to any servers.

Thanks giganerd!
I haven't  been in touch because that sometimes worked and sometimes it didn't...Since this is a new machine I just did a fresh install of windows and I haven't had any issues with connecting over the last few days!

Mr. voltairec, the problem is here:

W 2016.06.10 22:33:45 - The remote name could not be resolved: 'arkab_exit.airservers.org'

Have a look at Cannot logon to any servers.

Guest lopzor

Had a problem of unstable connection since i started using Airvpn that was driving me up the wall. Would work fine then internet speeds would crawl to a stop then the client would crash. Rolling back to 9.9.2_3 fixed the problems and now everything works as it should (tested for two weeks) . Even fixed the problem were once the client disconnected it would keep saying that Airvpn was already running when i tried to re-start. This should be made a sticky or something as it seems to be a fix that works.

I think it should be stickied too. I've been having a lot of disconnection problems and specifically when trying to reconnect it would just say that it was trying to connect again and count down for 3,2,1. This fixed everything instantly. I didn't need a reboot or anything. Thanks for the info, I try to idle on IRC so I am going to be hoping that there aren't connection drops as well.

Sweet. Switching back to 9.9.1 took care of my problems with Steam only downloading at 30-40 kB/sec and locking up the rest of my internet. I am now getting my full 20 MB/sec download on steam and can surf the internet at the same time.

Have the same problems, since I use WIN 10 Pro64

Try to install now TAP Driver 9.9.2.3. Followd the instructions here but my settings always say I have TAP Driver 9.0.0.2

Any idea what it cause, that i can not install another version. Upgrade in Eddi is disabled

Followd the instructions here but my settings always say I have TAP Driver 9.0.0.2

Well, if with settings you mean the device manager, it should say 9.0.0.9, even with TAP 9.9.1.

You make sure the upgrade is disabled. You uninstall the old driver and reboot. Then you install 9.9.2_3.exe and reboot. Then you try to connect.

Followd the instructions here but my settings always say I have TAP Driver 9.0.0.2

Well, if with settings you mean the device manager, it should say 9.0.0.9, even with TAP 9.9.1.

You make sure the upgrade is disabled. You uninstall the old driver and reboot. Then you install 9.9.2_3.exe and reboot. Then you try to connect.

Thanks. Looks like that 9.9.2.3 is the solution. First time since if have Win 10, that AirVPN runs without dropping the connection until now!

Welcome to the TAP 9.9 club.

Welcome to the TAP 9.9 club.

The welcome was only for a short time. 9.2.3 cause the same problems as the lates version now. So I can´t use AirVPN at all again, what sucks! Someone has any other ideas or could recommended a different TAB driver version?

Open a new thread with your issue and append some logs there.

The AirVPN client comes with TAP 9.21.1 which officially was built on 07-Nov-2014. I just noticed, there is an update, TAP 9.21.2 from 08-May-2016. I'm going to test it. It also should be more stable on Windows 10 machines.

I invite everyone to update their TAP drivers manually and test reliance and performance of the new version. It can be downloaded directly using this link.

The safe way to install it is to reboot between every step. If you are using the AirVPN client, first check if the driver update is disabled to avoid possible surprises with driver version checks. Proceed to uninstall the old driver and reboot. Install the new driver and reboot. Then try to connect.

If you test performance and stability when torrenting, consider using Linux torrents to avoid possible ISP love letters when the driver unexpectedly run into issues. You can use these direct links, or of course some of your own. For best results let multiple torrents run simultaneously.

Ubuntu (1.4 GB)

Arch Linux (750 MB)

Linux Mint (1.5 GB)

Raspbian (1.2 GB)

Kali Linux (1 GB)

I'm looking forward to reading your reports!

Just a heads-up: the new (post-XP) version of the TAP driver has been updated on OpenVPN. The old one is still at version 9.9.23 as mentioned above, while the new one is now at 9.21.2. Testing the new one now to see how it runs; will post back if I run into any problems. Here is an updated link where all the current revs of the most common OpenVPN downloads can be found:

https://openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-downloads.html

Problem still not solved with tap-windows-9.21.2.exe, reversing back to tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe .

After almost five days of testing I have to say, it's way more stable than 9.21.0 or 9.21.1. The problems start for me when multiple torrents are active. We're speaking of more than 30 simultaneously active torrents here.

On its own, it seems to work just fine, but when you additionally decide to do something on the internet, like playing an online game or just surfing while you listen so some radio station or watch some video stream in the background, things get real tricky. The driver loses connection and only a reset of the adapter helps. At least you don't need to reboot anymore, and I can leave my PC online when gone. A heavy use of the internet line is still a bit too much for the driver. I expect more fixes in the future.

I'd recommend 9.21.2 over the other two versions. Those who torrent much are better advised to stay with 9.9.2_3 for now.

For the next AirVPN client, I hope 9.21.2 will make it into the next build as well as the ability to alternatively install 9.9.2. You can't force something that is not guaranteed to work in a critically acclaimed client such as yours.. can you?

Follow this thread to be more or less up-to-date about user reports and further updates.

Hmm ... well, I've updated my TAP to 9.21.2 supposedly, but when I look at the Driver Version in Device Manager, it still states that I'm using 9.0.0.21. What HAS changed, however, is the Driver Date went from somewhere in 2014 to 4/21/2016. Any idea if the install was a success and the version stated is just a flook?

"The problem is that when people hear the term "big brother", they immediately think it's scary or bad, but I don't. I think, wow, I love my big brother." ~ Michael Scott

Hmm ... well, I've updated my TAP to 9.21.2 supposedly, but when I look at the Driver Version in Device Manager, it still states that I'm using 9.0.0.21. What HAS changed, however, is the Driver Date went from somewhere in 2014 to 4/21/2016. Any idea if the install was a success and the version stated is just a flook?

All good.

There is a solution to this disconnection problem but many would not like it. The problem is caused only by uploads, if you stop the uploads your torrent program won't disconnect the vpn. This might seem like leeching, but it can get you through this problem and then seed more later when it is solved. One way is a program in firefox called torrent tornado that has no upload functionality. It downloads at full speed in firefox and doesn't disconnect. I noticed utorrent might be able to stop uploads but that may affect the download speed. I'm just providing the solution, a lot of people leech anyway so it is up to them to decide what to do about it.

Some people have also reduced the number of upload connections which can work to some degree.

Why is the problem caused by uploads, only???

In the client, the person decides on the ratio to download and upload torrents.

The person decides the connection limits and speed for downloads and uploads.

Are you sure that it is not how persons have their computer system set up?

Or, they have a crappy ISP like mine?

Or, they live in an area where the telephone lines have never been upgraded?

Or, they bought software that has requirements that their computer systems can not operate effectively?

Sometimes if you leech to much, you get banned.

I use a 7 year Acer  currently; before I used a Toshiba Satellite laptop  (10 years old)

Both use WIN 7 and Tap Driver 9.21.0.

I seed over 130 torrents on my clients and the torrent files vary from 800 megs to 64 gigs.

I use an $80 router with my ISP's modem.

This upload theory is interesting. I'm going to put that to the test in the next days with TAP 9.21.2. Thank you for the note!