Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.39.149
T-BagOP

ANSWERED [SOLVED] Netflix has actually blocked AirVPN

this kind of stuff pisses me off and here's why: we buy the same shit over and over again, you pay for cable tv, someone else tells you when you can watch it unless you pay extra for dvr, then you got a boat load of commericals to skim through, so even then, bad way to go, next you pay for it on dvd/bluray, or you pay for it like netflix then they hammer you on geo, forcing ya to basically get a server of your own online from xyz location just to tag it and stream down, i'm from the states and i can't stand half our programming, the couple shows i do like are filmed across the pond anyway, but you think of how much money they make on just reselling xyz show in different formats, that's the thing that isn't fair at all, average neighbor where i live pays over a hundred a month, that's about 1400 bucks a year with taxes, service charges etc and a lot of that is commericals

and when you do dvr, you get a boat load of restrictions on how you can handle that file, so my reply is get a server online, whatever country you want to watch from and even at x amount of dollars per month, you can get the video url, direct from whatever server they pipe it from, down it

we got the friggen kardashians and junk like that, makes me want to puke, that kind of stuff would make fungus committ suicide, there are sites online you can use to grab direct video urls, some work on some sites some on others, but in the end it's worth it just to be able to have control of your content, watch it how you want when you want and such, netflix doesn't play with linux well either took me a while figure that out for a friend

coz they know it's 'open source' via chromium, which i don't use but still, it's always something to control ya and resell their shit back at ya over and over again, we buy the same thing multiple times, unreal

i know this, hollywood's biggest threat isn't a torrent, most of their stuff isn't even worth it

why i watch tv from other countries, at least bbc has some kind of science stuff on there

Is there any plan at AirVPN to get around this issue? 

I have the same question: any plans and, if so, any ETA?  I've read reports some providers have gotten around the restrictions but it's not clear what they have done.

Hi All,  Just to confirm, I think the people who are getting through the blocking are just occasionally getting a unblocked IP somewhere.  Unless you are making some network changes, in which case, please share.

A statement from AiRVPN would be nice, because I paid for one year mainly to watch Netflix and now it doesn't work anymore. Can't they just aquire new IP's?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

Nice, thx. I will try it out as son as I am home again.

Ah I thought it meant it's fixed. Can someone test it just now?

Using both Rukat and Subra (dutch servers) I don't get US netflix, but British (or maybe Dutch, can't tell) even while using AirVPN dns servers.

A statement from AiRVPN would be nice, because I paid for one year mainly to watch Netflix and now it doesn't work anymore. Can't they just aquire new IP's?

I now nothing about the technical side of  the internet and networking.

That being said I think it would be easy for Netflix to block a user who uses a VPN.

If this:

https://2ip.io/privacy/

Website can do it so could a million dollar company like Netflix.

Anyway, I am now using a DNS service which works.

Hello!

Good news: Netflix USA is now accessible. Please see here for details:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix/?p=9315

As usual, it's necessary to use VPN DNS (even when you connect to USA servers).

Kind regards

a post from 2013 is supposed to help people now?

Actually, it does appear to be working now.  Looks like some DNS magic.

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/Leak_Tests

malwaretips.com

i do this for firefox...

// 2001: Disable webRTC
user_pref("media.peerconnection.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.peerconnection.use_document_iceservers", false);
user_pref("media.peerconnection.identity.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.peerconnection.video.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.peerconnection.identity.timeout", 1);
user_pref("media.navigator.permission.disabled", true);
user_pref("media.navigator.enabled", false);
user_pref("media.navigator.permission.disabled", true);

if you want you can grab a copy of my user js here

i took what i found on the forum from here

and tweaked it further here's the js i use

for linux users after the first connect to vpn i disconnect and check the /etc/resolv files

then i chattr the resolv.conf that locks in my dns because after a week i have went back

and seen my isp put their shit in there, even tho i had settings locked on my router

askapache has one of the best tools i've used so far

their january blog article talks about the net getting bloated

to go back to your netflix/vpn situation, i just ran into same thing myself and why bigbrosbitch post

with firefox really helped, one of the best posts i've read on any forum coz it nails it, the browser is where

the 'rubber meets the road' plus in my opinion it's even harder for Microsoft software users, who knows what all

is leaking or being sent out via their operating systems, same deal in my opinion with some of the linux distros out

today, they are all getting 'packaged pretty' and that's fine but end of the day, i don't trust pre config operating systems

even on arch i do my best to shut a lot of crap down, another tool you can use to check stuff and it's also available if anyone

is on windows is wireshark, do a dump of your traffic for say 15 minutes, that'll tell you exactly what is going on

if i'm online i'm doing a wireshark dump, that way if something happens coz of my fault or an error at a site etc

i got something to look at, wireshark is one of the most powerful network diagnostic tools out there, you don't have to be a guru

to use the basics of it

i like watching tv from Canada, The Nature of Things, haven't done it lately but yeah like netflix i have to make sure my stuff is ok

in order to vpn up to Canada and be fine on their site,

last but not least when i'm just doing general browsing i shut java off and don't accept cookies, for most sites that's fine

if you don't know how to add the user.js file and you are on windows, right click your firefox icon, think it's add the -p

and create a profile, stock one should show auto, if you got plugins, bookmarks etc already good make sure you copy that

original set up first tho then paste your backup copy into the new profile, remove all created ones first, meaning launch firefox

first so it gives your new profile a custom id, then close it, copy your old files back over, add the user.js to that new folder

after you remove the 'stock' firefox files, this gives you a duplicate copy of your fav config then add your user.js to that folder

this way your tweaks will kick in and you shouldn't have any leaks, it's trial and error, i'm always googling something on firefox

coz there's always something i can do further to make browsing online a little better

Hello!

Good news: Netflix USA is now accessible. Please see here for details:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix/?p=9315

As usual, it's necessary to use VPN DNS (even when you connect to USA servers).

Kind regards

I don't know if there is a difference between the different Netflix clients, but it does not work for Netflix on Apple TV on the Chicargo-servers.

Unfortunately, the DNS-based solution by AirVPN means that non-US netflix is not reachable over the AirVPN DNS resolver (I tried CA, CH, SE, DE).

If you want to reach the netflix of your VPN endpoint, you will have to use a non-AirVPN DNS resolver, such as 4.2.2.4 or 8.8.8.8 - be aware of the security/privacy implications coming with that.

Unfortunately, the DNS-based solution by AirVPN means that non-US netflix is not reachable over the AirVPN DNS resolver (I tried CA, CH, SE, DE).

Not really in this case. We only re-route if the local Netflix blocks the VPN server in the specific country (or if a local Netflix does not exist, of course). For example, from Canada servers you will access Netflix USA, because Netflix CA would be anyway not reachable. Again, please see here https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix

Kind regards

Well this is a change in how your routing netflix, is it not?  I know as recent as last week there were Canada servers (most of them) that routed directly for Netflix, which then gave access to Canadian Netflix.  Now I see on the "Check Routing" page, that all the Canadian servers are routing thru the US.  Also last week I connected thru Madrid, as it was routing Netflix directly, to watch a movie that wasn't available from Netflix US nor Netflix Canada.  I also connect to Canada to watch some shows that aren't available in the US.  I don't like the idea of all Air servers routing Netflix thru the US.  Are there plans to correct this?

Hint: You don't have to use AirVPN's DNS routing. You can have a Canadian IP and use an Canadian DNS, without using the internal SmartDNS.

Well this is a change in how your routing netflix, is it not?  I know as recent as last week there were Canada servers (most of them) that routed directly for Netflix, which then gave access to Canadian Netflix.  Now I see on the "Check Routing" page, that all the Canadian servers are routing thru the US.  Also last week I connected thru Madrid, as it was routing Netflix directly, to watch a movie that wasn't available from Netflix US nor Netflix Canada.  I also connect to Canada to watch some shows that aren't available in the US.  I don't like the idea of all Air servers routing Netflix thru the US.  Are there plans to correct this?

Hello!

A correction is not possible because we do not have access to Netflix CA. Therefore, from the Canadian servers it's a choice between Netflix USA or no Netflix at all.

Kind regards

Hint: You don't have to use AirVPN's DNS routing. You can have a Canadian IP and use an Canadian DNS, without using the internal SmartDNS.

True, but then I have to push out new DNS settings to the Netflix device(s) on the LAN anytime I want to switch between USA and non-USA.  A real pain compared to my point & click to change the routing in pfsense as needed.

Hello!

A correction is not possible because we do not have access to Netflix CA. Therefore, from the Canadian servers it's a choice between Netflix USA or no Netflix at all.

Kind regards

I'm not sure what you mean by you "don't have access to Netflix CA"?  Do you mean all the Canadian Air exit IPs are now blocked by Netflix?

Can any of you confirm that you can use US Netflix on any of the US-servers? Any peticular servers?

Because I can't get my Apple TV to stream any Netflix-movies via the US-servers - with, or without, the use of the AirVPN DNS.

Hello!

Kind regards

So, I can't use Netflix on Yildun, despite having the VPN set up to use only DNS recommended by AirVPN.

You can't use CANADIAN Netflix.  You can use USA Netflix from all Canadian servers.

Ok, I'm officially confused.

The other day I saw that Netflix wasn't working on my TV (same error referenced earlier about using a proxy). I turned off AirVPN on my home router and Netflix worked again.

My setup is I have DD-WRT on my home router configured to use the AirVPN server Heze. My TV has a wireless connection to my router to stream movies on Netflix.

I'm in the US and I want to use a US AirVPN server and still be able to watch Netflix.

Is there a way to configure my router to do this? Reading this thread hasn't helped me, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Suggesting I go here (https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix) doesn't help because that's a single post with a link to Netflix and says Status: OK.

Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated!

You can't use CANADIAN Netflix.  You can use USA Netflix from all Canadian servers.

Yildun is an American server, so your post was pointless. Netflix doesn't work for me on Yildun. Not Canadian Netflix, not US Netflix, not UK Netflix. Netflix doesn't work at all.

Even then, just to humour you, on Cephei, a Canadian server, I still can't get Netflix, of any region. I get the error message if I try to stream through Firefox and I get told that I am using a proxy or VPN if I try to use the Windows based programme.

The problem has been solved and therefore the topic has been locked to prevent FUD. :)

If new problems arise, a new topic can be opened.

Kind regards