Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.174.157

I run a music server (subsonic) on my PC and stream music from it to my Android phone using an app.  Both PC and Android are connected to Airvpn but on different servers. I have been wondering if the traffic between phone and server stay in Airs' network (as they are both on airvpn) or does it exit from one air server travel across the net to the other via whatever peering arrangements the data centres that are hosting the two air servers have?

since it's 2 different servers they have 2 different networks so It'd be like if you streamed from spotify

So it's 

PC > Airvpn Server > Internet > Airvpn Server > Android

Not

PC > Airvpn Server > Airvpn Server > Android

Yeah?

So it's 

Not

Yeah?

if both devices are connected to the same server or 2 servers in the same datacenter then it technically doesn't go to the "internet"

So it's 

Not

Yeah?

Yes

So it's 

Not

Yeah?

if both devices are connected to the same server or 2 servers in the same datacenter then it technically doesn't go to the "internet"

Also even tho 2 servers are in the same datacenter it is not setup as a modem/router at home, also since both servers connect to the devices it goes the same way except it just returns to the same place and not let's say from france to the UK it just goes from France to him and back to France

If both devices are connected, then it does not matter if it travels through other servers outside of Air's control as the data is very securely encrypted.

If the servers are in the same datacenter, then all data stays inside Air's network, however you will not gain security from this (due to the already present encryption) - just speed/latency improvements.

If both devices are connected, then it does not matter if it travels through other servers outside of Air's control as the data is very securely encrypted.

If the servers are in the same datacenter, then all data stays inside Air's network, however you will not gain security from this (due to the already present encryption) - just speed/latency improvements.

I hope this isn't a common belief.  The VPN is only encrypting between client and server and vice versa.  Your data after it exits Air's server or before it enters Air's server isn't encrypted by the VPN.

Even in this example above, if connected to two servers in the same datacenter, the data is decrypted/encrypted as it passes from one Air server to the next.  If not in the same datacenter then it certainly enters the "internet" decrypted.

I hope this isn't a common belief.  The VPN is only encrypting between client and server and vice versa.  Your data after it exits Air's server or before it enters Air's server isn't encrypted by the VPN.

Even in this example above, if connected to two servers in the same datacenter, the data is decrypted/encrypted as it passes from one Air server to the next.  If not in the same datacenter then it certainly enters the "internet" decrypted.

I understand that traffic needs to be decrypted to leave an Air server otherwise the destination would not understand encrypted/garbled traffic.

So I was right in originally thinking that in my scenario the traffic would flow like this (encrypted traffic in bold)

Subsonic server > PC > Airvpn Server > Internet/data center > Airvpn Server > Android > Music Player App

I appreciate that the above is a very simplified flow and only represents data in one direction.